Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• samer 4 posts 24 karma points
    Apr 15, 2015 @ 12:19
    samer

Problem with installing Umbraco Forms

Hello guys I have Umbraco version 6.2.4, and I've tried to install Umbraco Forms from developer package, and suddenly the website didn't work and this error message appeared to me to whole website pages:

Could not load type 'Umbraco.Web.Editors.UmbracoAuthorizedJsonController' from assembly 'umbraco, Version=1.0.5394.15654, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'Umbraco.Web.Editors.UmbracoAuthorizedJsonController' from assembly 'umbraco, Version=1.0.5394.15654, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'. Source Error: An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

So how can I solve this problem and make the website work again like before?

• Dennis Aaen 4499 posts 18254 karma points admin hq c-trib
    Apr 15, 2015 @ 12:54
    Dennis Aaen

Hi samer and welcome to our :-),

Since you are using Umbraco 6.2.4, you should use Contour instead. https://our.umbraco.org/projects/umbraco-pro/contour Contour is the form module before Umbraco HQ make a rewite of it and called it Umbraco Forms. So Umbraco Forms is for Umbraco 7. But Contour is working on older versions of Umbraco and Umbraco 7 too.

Documentation to work with Contour can you find here. https://our.umbraco.org/projects/umbraco-pro/contour/documentation

If you have order a lincens for Umbraco Forms you can use the same for the Contour project. Here is some documentation on what Contour is: http://umbraco.com/products/more-add-ons/contour and http://umbraco.com/help-and-support/customer-area/contour-support-and-download

Try to unsintall the Umbraco Forms, and use the Contour package.

Hope this helps if you have further questions please let us know,

/Dennis

Apr 15, 2015 @ 13:07
    samer

Thank you Dennis for your quick reply, ok I'm downloading now Contour, and I will install it manually beacuse the website and control panel doesn't work now because of that problem. do I have to do anything to solve that error before I install Contour? or installing Contour will solve that error by it self? 

Apr 15, 2015 @ 13:50
    samer

I mean I cannot uninstall Umbraco Forms because control panel doesn't work and that error message appears instead :(

• Dennis Aaen 4499 posts 18254 karma points admin hq c-trib
    Apr 15, 2015 @ 14:20
    Dennis Aaen

Hi samer, 

What you could try is go to the bin folder of your Umbraco installation, and see if you can find some dlls with the name of Umbraco Forms, and try delete them til see if it makes your frontend works again.

Perhaps you need to take a backup first, if it broks your site more. How long are you in the process with the site, if you just started, maybe it´s quicker just to start all over again.

And you don´t have the option to go the developer section --> Packages --> installed packages --> Choose Umbraco Forms, and click on the uninstall tab?

Hope this helps,

/Dennis

• Comment author was deleted

Apr 15, 2015 @ 14:30

Hey, that' because Forms is for v7 only what you can do to get rid of the error is remove all Umbraco.Forms.* files from the bin directory

Cheers,
    Tim 

Apr 16, 2015 @ 08:01
    samer

Dennis and Tim, I don't know how can I thank you, website works now :) , I deleted all Umbraco.Forms.* files from the bin and App_Plugins directories. it was really a horrible situation form me. Now I will install Contour to use its forms.

Thank you again

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft