Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Rubinho 30 posts 218 karma points
    Jun 25, 2015 @ 16:45
    Rubinho

Membership package wanted: Login/Register/Update Profile/Reset Password ...

Hi all,

I'm wondering if there is a package available to do the usual stuff for members like Registering, logging in, activating accounts, update profile, reset a password and so on...

These are things that i need to (re)create once every couple months, but is always to different to reuse. So i wonder if there isn't a package that just contains everything and can read the profile fields to render on the front.

I did a bit of research and found some very old stuff that look dead. There's also a blogpost from Tim Geyssens on http://www.nibble.be/?p=205 about it. Is this still available and good enough to use?

thanks a lot!

• bob baty-barr 1180 posts 1294 karma points MVP
    Jun 25, 2015 @ 18:31
    bob baty-barr

there are some built in views for login, login status, register and profile in the v7 releases. The forgot password is not OOB [or at least not] in the views that ship with umbraco. You could reference the source in Dialogue [the forum package for v7]

Jun 26, 2015 @ 07:13
    Rubinho

Thanks Bob,

Is there somewhere any info to find about them? I'll investigate this.

• Sören Deger 733 posts 2844 karma points c-trib
    Jun 26, 2015 @ 07:35
    Sören Deger

Hi Rubinho,

you can find this view in developer section -> Partial View Macro Files. If you create a new file you can choose one of the default views for this.

Best, Sören

• Sören Deger 733 posts 2844 karma points c-trib
    Jun 26, 2015 @ 07:40
    Sören Deger

Of course, you can also create partial view instead of partial view macro file and can choose a snippet:

enter image description here

Hope this helps?

Best, Sören

Jun 28, 2015 @ 20:13
    Rubinho

Oh cool, thanks

I'll give this a try

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft