Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• javier 64 posts 84 karma points
    Mar 22, 2010 @ 09:43
    javier

problems with Runaway templates

hi all!

I have just install Umbraco 4.03 on server 2008. All worked perfect, i saw the page with all Runaway modules installed. But while i was trying to modify styles etc.. umbraco stopped working, now i only can connect with admin panel but cant load webpage. i tried to delete Runaway homepage, create a new one with a new template, but still dont work. And when i'm creating content, when i select "Choose..." option it dont do nothing, Would Umbraco must prompt me to select some template?  it dont do nothig

• Roger Hughes 55 posts 88 karma points
    Apr 08, 2010 @ 12:42
    Roger Hughes

Are your permissions correct in Umbraco?

Also try unistalling the package from the developer section then reinstalling again?

Roger

• Kim Andersen 1447 posts 2196 karma points MVP
    Apr 08, 2010 @ 20:16
    Kim Andersen

I'm not sure i totally understand your question Javier, but are you having problems selecting a template on your content-nodes, or can't you see the pages on the websites?

If you want to choose a template on a node, you need to go under the properties-tab and choose one. If there is no one available in the drop-down list, you have to check if any template is allowed on the node. You can check this by going to the "Settings"-section, and find the document type under the folder called "Document types". When you click the right document type, you need to finde the field called "Allowed templates". In here you can choose which template should be available for the given document type. You can also choose which template should be the default one, so you don't have to select a template everytime you create a new page.

Was this answer to your question, or am I way off here?

I hope this makes sense to you, otherwise just ask again.

/Kim A

• javier 64 posts 84 karma points
    Apr 12, 2010 @ 07:14
    javier

thank you guys, the question is answered with your replies. With your 2 post u fixed 2 problems.

i'm starting with umbraco...

• Kim Andersen 1447 posts 2196 karma points MVP
    Apr 12, 2010 @ 09:32
    Kim Andersen

That's good to hear Javier.

Remember to mark this post as answered, if you don't have any further questions :)

/Kim A

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft