Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• dfarrow 16 posts 27 karma points
    Mar 22, 2010 @ 22:25
    dfarrow

How do I perform Blog 4 Umbraco Comment Moderation?

In the PDF that comes with Blog 4 Umbraco (titled "Usage and Configuration") it mentions "Comment Moderation" in one list of content that supposedly is going to be presented in the document.  The PDF then mentions nothing about actual comment moderation. 

How do I:

1) Make sure user comments can only appear after a moderator allows them

2) Edit comments through the Umbraco web interface

Thanks

• Daniel Horn 319 posts 344 karma points
    Mar 22, 2010 @ 22:34
    Daniel Horn

2) In the Ucomment package I know that your "content" pane will be changed to show a list over comments that you can then moderate and the Ucomment package as far as i know is "extracted" from blog 4 umbraco..

• dfarrow 16 posts 27 karma points
    Mar 23, 2010 @ 15:01
    dfarrow

Yes, I see how to access the "Comments" tab on the "Content" folder with my list of comments.  But it appears that all new comments are automatically approved and display on the site immediately.  I want to make it so comments need to be manually approved.  How do I make it so comments are not automatically in the "approved" state when added?

• Donald St. Martin 83 posts 128 karma points
    Mar 23, 2010 @ 15:05
    Donald St. Martin

dfarrow,

The comment moderation in Blog 4 Umbraco and UComment is better described as a spam filter.  This caught me off guard at first.

1) You can make every comment appear as spam and mark comments as ham to "approve" them: http://our.umbraco.org/projects/blog-4-umbraco/using-blog-4-umbraco/7079-Comment-Moderation,-How You could also extend the package to properly moderate comments.  Tim did a great job on laying the project out and making easy to do this.

2) AFAIK, this isn't possible w/o going through the database.  I know Wordpress has that ability but I don't ever recall using it in all of my years using Wordpress.

--
    Donald

• Jason Prothero 422 posts 1243 karma points c-trib
    Jun 18, 2010 @ 01:37
    Jason Prothero

I used the SpamChecker class and created my own "Checker".

I blogged about it here if you're interested: http://www.proworks.com/blog/2010/06/17/how-to-moderate-all-comments-in-blog-4-umbraco/

• Biagio Paruolo 1597 posts 1828 karma points c-trib
    Mar 19, 2011 @ 11:59
    Biagio Paruolo

So, is better to use UComment for page comments?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft