Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• javier 64 posts 84 karma points
    Apr 12, 2010 @ 07:52
    javier

dropdown nav. small question

Hi guys, i have a small question about dropdown navigation in runway.

When i'm using it through Internet Explorer 8, IE detects that must use compatibility view because seems to be some error. Is a known error? must i modify some jscript?. or is just how it works and you cant do anynithing?

• Ove Andersen 435 posts 1541 karma points c-trib
    Apr 12, 2010 @ 14:56
    Ove Andersen

Try to look in your template and see if you have set the proper doctype.

And make sure the doctype is on the first line when you view the source of the page.

• Roger Hughes 55 posts 88 karma points
    Apr 13, 2010 @ 10:21
    Roger Hughes

Hi Javier, Ove is spot on. This is generally down to the DOCTYPE. The browser, when the developer tool bar is used, will sometimes default to quirks mode also if the DOCTYPE is incorrect.

Rog

Apr 19, 2010 @ 12:49
    javier

I have <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"[]>  on my master page and now seems to be OK. (i didnt changed nothing on DOCTYPE, but made content changes).

Now, a problem that continues happening is that when the menu hide the "dropdown part" it makes that some lines remaining on screen and dont dissapears until you go with mouse over the other menu buttons.

thanks guys by your help.

Apr 21, 2010 @ 07:17
    javier

FIXED. The problem was on CSS DROPDOWNNAVIGATION FILE:

#dropdownNavigation ul a { border-right: none; opacity: 1; text-transform:none;font-size: 12px; }

you must delete this property due to fix the correct hide effect

filter: alpha(opacity=100); on this line

May 10, 2010 @ 08:09
    javier

problem come back again. when i did a sub-sublevel (3 documents tree), internet explorer 8 shows again automatically compatibility view and makes my web show incorrect layout. with ID's  mooved and menu dropdown not showing correctly like on Mozilla

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft