Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Alex Wilks 27 posts 56 karma points
    Apr 20, 2010 @ 16:27
    Alex Wilks

Runway and jCarousel

Hi guys, sorry for the newbie question. I'm a little confused about jCarousel. Does it require runway or can I use it in any site?

• elspiko 133 posts 302 karma points
    Apr 20, 2010 @ 16:34
    elspiko

jCarousel is just a jquery plugin, so it can be used on any site, regardless of technology. http://sorgalla.com/jcarousel/

• Alex Wilks 27 posts 56 karma points
    Apr 20, 2010 @ 16:54
    Alex Wilks

OK, I thought so. In that case, does the Runway project add anything that I may have missed that is required by the jCarousel package? Again, sorry for the daft questions. Umbraco is very new to us and we're used to working in code. You'd think this would be easier but I think we need to get a few projects under our belt before we're completely comfortable with Umbraco.

• elspiko 133 posts 302 karma points
    Apr 20, 2010 @ 17:04
    elspiko

I miss understood your original question. jCarousel itself is a jquery plugin. But i think you're talking about the jcarousel package made by Gerty Engrie?

Runway is essentially just a set of files to get you started, to give you a foundation to build upon, and to also see how umbraco does things.

I'm under the impression that this jCarousel package should be able to run without runway. Have you tried to use this package in another umbraco website? if so, did you just copy a couple of files across, or did you actually install the package from the Developers section?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft