Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Abraham 6 posts 26 karma points
    May 08, 2010 @ 15:40
    Abraham

Opening umbraco site with Visual studio .

opening umbraco with Visual studio .

I just designed a website with umbraco 4 it works well but when i opened the site with  visual studio 2008 . i get this error 

any one help pls ?

Den virtuelle sti '/masterpages/contact.master' er tilknyttet et andet program, hvilket ikke er tilladt.    C:\inetpub\wwwroot\masterpages\ContactForm.master

with regards

Abraham

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 11x admin c-trib
    May 08, 2010 @ 16:27
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Abraham

First of all welcome to the Umbraco community.

I'm not sure why you are getting the error but maybe it's beacuse you are using virtual directories?

By the way please do not make double posts - it creates more confusion and no one benefits from that :-)

/Jan

• Steen Tøttrup 191 posts 291 karma points c-trib
    May 09, 2010 @ 08:31
    Steen Tøttrup

Hi Abraham!

Try changing the path from '/masterpages/contact.master' to '~/masterpages/contact.master', I think that would solve it.

Another way of fixing this problem is to not build the website. If you have your code for the solution in DLL's instead of .cs files (in the app_code and usercontrols folders), then there's no reason why you want to build the site everytime you debug. Select the Build / Configuration Manager menu in VS2008, then you can unclick the checkbox in the line with the web solution.

/Steen

• Sebastiaan Janssen 5058 posts 15520 karma points MVP admin hq
    May 09, 2010 @ 12:00
    Sebastiaan Janssen

Steen is absolutely right. I did a blog post a while back on my Visual Studio setup for Umbraco, check it out.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft