Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Simon Kibsgård 62 posts 73 karma points
    Feb 14, 2011 @ 20:57
    Simon Kibsgård

Project: Faceted Search with Examine for umbraco

We are working on a new version of a community site with a whole lot of physical places stored in umbraco nodes.

Node structure is: [Country]/[City]/[Category]/[Place]
    Within each Country we want to be able to do free text + faceted search on Place-nodes with faceting-parameters such as
    • Price (Dropdown datatype property on Place)
    • Rating (number datatypy property on Place)
    • Type (tag datatype property on Place)
    • Category (Dropdown datatype property on Category node)
    • City (City node name)
    • ...and so on
    We have already implemented simple search with Examine for umbraco, but we are looking for some pros to set up indexes, the search page with faceting controls and results. The search page should work with querystring input as well.
    Send us a rough time estimate and price. If we decide to work with you, we can hand over a umbraco setup in Visual Studio with data on SQL server for you to develop in. 
    Best regards, Simon K

• Adam Shallcross 55 posts 211 karma points MVP c-trib
    Feb 15, 2011 @ 10:35
    Adam Shallcross

Hi Simon

We'd be interested in looking at this further.  We have recently completed an implementation of Examine using a lot of the areas you require in yoru brief.

If you'd like to talk further let me know and we can catch up via email or phone?

Kind regards

Adam Shallcross

The CogWorks

• Simon Kibsgård 62 posts 73 karma points
    Feb 23, 2011 @ 11:37
    Simon Kibsgård

Great, will do

• Eran 292 posts 436 karma points
    Mar 23, 2011 @ 20:21
    Eran

Adam, i'm not currently have a need for faceted search, but i had a client in the past that need it and i'm sure a lot of other clients will be need it in the future, especially in ecommerce implementation of umbraco. so, if you have something interesting and useful in this area, i will be happy to hear, so maybe in the future i will know to contact you.

thanks,

Eran.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft