Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• danndrev 4 posts 25 karma points
    Jul 19, 2009 @ 18:04
    danndrev

Offshore Umbraco related development ?

Anyone interested in sourcing IT development production capacity (also Umbraco skills) from Surinam, South America ?

We are setting up an IT competence centre from Paramaribo, Surinam and planning to be in operation end of this year.

We will be able to deliver complete projects, remote hands, maintenance, module development, quality assurance.

All facilitated with e-mail, Skype, remote desktop/netviewer/adobe connectnow.

Excellent price/productivity ratio, we speak English and Dutch.

Timezone: Brazil (GMT -3), rates in USD/Euro on negotiation.

Regards,

Danny Dreves

• Jesper Ordrup 1019 posts 1528 karma points MVP
    Jul 24, 2009 @ 15:12
    Jesper Ordrup

Why do this posting receive negative ratings?  Isnt it exactly what this forum is about?

/Jesper Ordrup

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Jul 24, 2009 @ 15:16
    Jan Skovgaard

Yes that can seem a bit strange. My guess is that people maybe are thinking that this is spam. Sometimes it can be hard to distinguish. I don't think this is.

/Jan

• danndrev 4 posts 25 karma points
    Jul 27, 2009 @ 20:23
    danndrev

I thought it was a good idea to post this.. apparently (i really don't have a clue) people find it a bad thing to build business around Umbraco. I am budgetting serious money to invest in Umbraco knowledge, including flying in Certified Trainers and visiting Denmark. Is it bad because it is commercial ?

I will stay away from this specific forum, that's the message i am receiving.

• Dirk De Grave 4541 posts 6021 karma points MVP 3x admin c-trib
    Jul 27, 2009 @ 20:31
    Dirk De Grave

Bad thing you're staying away! I'm not sure why your post has received negative points... but think it's rather due to the fact that most people are seeking for umbraco resources rather than offering umbarco development resources.

It might be a good idea to discuss this whole 'negative karma' thing. I still believe in encouraging poeple by voting up, no longer sure about the voting down. Maybe a 'Mark as spam' would be a wiser solution (I'm not saying your post is to be considered as spam!)

Cheers,

/Dirk

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Jul 27, 2009 @ 20:48
    Jan Skovgaard

I agree with Dirk. Would be a shame if you decide not to participate. I think your initiative sounds really good and as something that could benefit Umbraco. But as mentioned earlier I just think people are being a bit sceptical and that is sad no doubt about that.

I hope you won't give it up just because some people have been voting your post down. Afterall it is just numbers :)

Dirk: I think you have got a very good point with the voting system. But maybe that's something to debate in another post?

/Jan

• Sebastiaan Janssen 5045 posts 15478 karma points MVP admin hq
    Jul 27, 2009 @ 20:48
    Sebastiaan Janssen

Agreed, voted up, seems like a great initiative!

Keep up the good work Danny and please, don't leave the forum, it's a great resource :-)

• Petr Snobelt 923 posts 1535 karma points
    Jul 28, 2009 @ 09:29
    Petr Snobelt

I think you should be valuable for umbraco community first. You are certified developer - answer some posts or create some package. Help others, show your skill...

Then similar post will be fine and doesn't have negative ratings. Also with high karma your can find more jobs :-).

Petr

• Niels Hartvig 1951 posts 2391 karma points c-trib
    Jul 28, 2009 @ 09:33
    Niels Hartvig

Anyone giving a post like this negative karma doesn't get what this part of the forum is about. The post is exactly the type of posts we'd like to see in this section whether you've already helped people or not. 

Please use the negative karma with care - Danny doesn't deserve this kind of welcome.

Kudos Danny for posting this and the follow up.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft