Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Andrew Jones 19 posts 39 karma points
    Feb 21, 2013 @ 15:15
    Andrew Jones

v4.7.1 Maintenance & Performance Job

We have been building a number of similar sites using umbraco v4.7.1, however we have a performance issue with some of the larger websites.

I require an umbraco expert to work from our office to go through a series of debug procedures to identify what the issue is and how we can resolve.

An example website is www.azureholidays.com, you can see the website is taking over 10 seconds to load the homepage.

• Len Dierickx 150 posts 92 karma points
    Feb 21, 2013 @ 16:12
    Len Dierickx

Hi Andrew, 

Let me know if it is possible to work remotely, if it is, I am happy to help you out. 
    Performance problems can be related to many things including the fact that the database is not really taking care of data integrity.
    Additionally there are several changes that can be applied to the database that possible could speed up your websites. 

I've solved my share of performance related problems with Umbraco 
    on larger systems and I have been working with Umbraco from version 2. 

I checked your website and the first byte arrives on average around 5 seconds, then it starts loading everything.
    Obviously not fast enough for customers.  

Please contact me at len ad astuanax.com if you would like to work together.
    I'll be happy to help you out.

Regards,
    Len. 

Feb 21, 2013 @ 16:25
    Andrew Jones

Hi Len,

Thanks for your input, I am keen to have someone in the office as I have an inhouse guy who is learning umbraco and I would like him to be learning these guide of performance checks to see where the leaks are and how we can monitor performance especially as our sites are continously evolving.

In regards to the database, this has been neglected a little but we have a DBA coming in to evaluate that side of things so it will be interesting to see what improvements we notice after this.

If we don't get anyone close by I will get back in contact and we can do remotely using screensharing software or documentation on what was done and rectified etc...

Thanks

Andy

• Len Dierickx 150 posts 92 karma points
    Feb 21, 2013 @ 16:39
    Len Dierickx

Ok, thx, keep me posted. 

• David Dimmer 76 posts 134 karma points
    Mar 14, 2013 @ 18:35
    David Dimmer

Andrew, 

Where are you located?  We have 5 in house certified Umbraco developers - when engaged with us you would have direct support from any of our certified team members.  

Mar 14, 2013 @ 18:38
    Andrew Jones

Hi David,

I will send an email through your site.

Thanks

Andy

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft