Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Greg Berlin 818 posts 634 karma points
    Aug 27, 2013 @ 23:07
    Greg Berlin

Certified Developer Available. 7 Years Umbraco Experiece...

hey there,

I am a certified Umbraco developer who is available right now to help with your Umbraco projects. I have been working with Umbraco since version 3, and have produced  a stack of Umbraco websites (details below). 

I also have a total of 10 years experience in the IT industry, mostly in web & software development, so can assist any many aspects of the software development lifecycle.

Here's a few websites I've done recently, with a short description of each:

frontrowtouring.com
    Website designed by a partner company, developed and setup on a CMS to enable the client to manage every aspect of the site themselves

divezone-lombok.com
    This site was completed in exchange for PADI Instructor training and certification.

livinggreenaustralia.com.au
    Low-budget site using a template from themeforest.net, and setup on a CMS enabling the client full ability to maintain the site themselves

futurepay.com.au
    Low-budget website design and development on Content Management System (CMS). This site was completed while I was studying Spanish in Mexico.

payslip.com.au, ppsoffice.com.au, payrollpaper.co.nz
    All 3 sites can be managed via a single system, with all content editable by the client.

maxactionvehicles.com.au
    Including a custom-built vehicle database which can be easily maintained by the client

Please note that I am a developer primarily, not a designer. Basically what this means is that I make websites that are functional, easy to use, and for the client most importantly easy to maintain. However I do not design interfaces - I either work with a designer to come up with a design, and then convert the design to code and integrate into the CMS (Content Management System), or I ask my clients to choose a design from a gallery (eg: themeforest.net), and then I customise it as required.  FuturePay (www.futurepay.com.au), DiveZone (www.divezone-lombok.com) and Living Green (livinggreenaustralia.com.au) are examples of sites built from a design at theme forest. All the others were custom designs (which is more expensive but guarantees your site is unique on the web in terms of the design, and that it fits your requirements exactly).

Using Umbraco, which has a big developer community, means you'll never have any trouble finding developers to maintain or extend your website if I can't do it for any reason.  Umbraco enables me to build websites which exactly match my clients' requirements, without having to manipulate the framework to fit the client as with other Content Management Systems such as Drupal, Joomla, Dot Net Nuke, Wordpress, etc… rather i build the framework to meet the needs of the website. This means you'll never see any fields that are not in use by your website, and everything is arranged in a logical manner to make editing and maintaining the site as easy as possible.

I also ensure the websites I build meet all required standards to maximise usability, and visibility to search engines.  I also integrate Google Analytics web statistics so you can monitor the performance of your website via analytics.google.com

For emails, i always recommend my clients use Google Apps, which provides all the outstanding features of a Google account (email, docs, calendar, etc), but using the domain of the website. It adds the ability to add/remove users (eg: [email protected]) and groups (eg: [email protected]) as required, with no intervention required on my part… you, the client, have full control. However if you prefer not to use Google Apps, i can help configure any email setup you require, including hosted POP, Windows Live Mail, or anything else you prefer.

Feel free to get in touch with any questions you may have… including availability and timeframes for projects. I'm available to take on projects on a full-time capacity right now, so get in quick. :)

Looking forward to hearing from you....

Regards,
    Greg Berlin

• Jennifer Henry 2 posts 22 karma points
    Sep 05, 2013 @ 18:10
    Jennifer Henry

Hi, Greg!

I am seeking some contract, or even full-time, help to backfill one of my front-end .Net developers who was working with Umbraco. If you are still available and interested, I would love to connect. You can contact me at [email protected].

Thanks,

Jennifer Henry

True North Custom Media

Here are the specs of the position:

Primary Responsibilities

The Web Applications Developer functions as a key contact for designing, creating, and maintaining Web-based software programs, email publishing products, and websites for True North and its clients.

·       Developing new products, customizations, and enhancements

·       Creating design documentation and program logic documentation

·       Defining technical requirements for projects and providing innovative technical suggestions for business proposals

·       Translating business requirements into technical designs/functions

·       Designing and maintaining website content

·       Enhancing search engine optimization

·       Monitoring, analyzing, and reporting website traffic

·       Maintaining existing Web and electronic publishing database products

·       Troubleshooting glitches in the functionality of any/all software programs, Internet solutions, and websites

·       Working with client Webmasters to assist installation/integration/interface of True North products

·       Upgrading user interface design and functionality of True North products

·       Creating prototype e-newsletter content systems, Web/Internet solutions, and site features and functionalities for testing and evaluation

·       Setting up arrangements/agreements with or connections to third-party software for evaluation, testing, and use

·       Installing functions such as blogs, podcasts, surveys, search, polls, and others on True North products and sites

·       Working with team members to create variable-data email systems for e-periodicals and marketing pieces

Requirements

·       .NET developer—C#, Visual Basic.NET, ASP.Net and ADO.Net

·       Experience with JQuery and Umbraco CMS

·       Administrative and programming knowledge of SQL Server

·       Knowledge of Javascript, AJAX, VBScript, XHTML, HTML5, and CSS

·       Knowledge of Service Oriented Architecture

·       Knowledge of user interface design, software testing, system administration, and version control systems

·       Working knowledge of XML/XSLT

·       Windows Server 2003/2008 IIS 6 and 7 setup and administration

·       A bachelor’s degree in computer science or relevant technical discipline (Microsoft certifications are preferred)

·       Five years of experience in Web-based application development in agency, publishing, freelance, or corporate environments

• Tensel Heiler 4 posts 24 karma points
    Nov 11, 2013 @ 23:27
    Tensel Heiler

We are a non-profit trade association and one of our websites is built on Umbraco 4.9.  We do not have any developers on staff.  We are in need of implementing ecommerce for our site membership, event registration and contests, via credit card only.  We also require a support solution for future issues or new enhancements as they arise.

Please provide your expected hourly rate of pay and any questions you may have.

Thank you in advance,
    Tensel Heiler
    System Support
    PMA
    517-788-8100 ext. 109

• Stephanie 3 posts 23 karma points
    Nov 12, 2013 @ 23:05
    Stephanie

Hi Greg,

We are looking to hire a certified Umbraco developer to help fix some problems we are having with the blog on our website.

Our website is http://www.bizlibrary.com

The blog site is http://www.bizlibrary.com/bizblog.aspx

We initially had a company in St. Louis set up our site and the blog for us, but we do not think it was set up correctly. For example, I have checked our site in Google Webmaster tools, and it says that we have more than 200 duplicate page title tags. It seems like the new posts to the blog aren't registering correctly, or are coming accross as the same page. We are not sure what is wrong with it, but it seems as if it is not done right. We are looking for someone who would be able to fix it.I am a level one Umbraco developer, but I do not have the development experience to fix the issues.

I'm not sure what other information you might need, but the version we are using is

umbraco v 4.11.1 (Assembly version: 1.0.4715.27659)
    It looks the blog tool we are using is a UBlogsy Macro

Please contact me if you are interested in working on this project. We might have other Umbraco-related projects in the future as well. But for now, this project is a top priority.

[email protected]

• Greg Berlin 818 posts 634 karma points
    Nov 20, 2013 @ 12:26
    Greg Berlin

@Tensel:  

I am happy to discuss your requirements further, please contact me directly via email on greg ( at ) berlinit ( dot ) com

@Stephanie: 

I have had a quick look at your site, and I think the cause of the duplicate title tags is the fact that the title is the same for all pages that list blog posts:

• 32 pages of blog posts
    • 10 authors
    • 11 categories
    • Tons of tags (havent counted)
    This can be easily fixed by adding some information to the title of each one, for example:
    • BizBlog Posts Page 1 - Online Employee Training, Learning Management, Performance Management...
    • BizBlog Posts by Jessica Batz - Online Employee Training, Learning Management, Performance Management...
    • BizBlog Posts about Performance Management - Online Employee Training, Learning Management, Performance Management...
    That would result in each listing page having a unique title, and therefore hopefully slightly better google rankings.
    Feel free to contact me directly if you'd like some assistance with this.
    Regards
    Greg
Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft