Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Aaron 1 post 21 karma points
    Jan 07, 2015 @ 20:51
    Aaron

Umbraco application on Azure. UK Developer sought

I am looking for someone who has experience of working with Umbraco on Microsoft Azure. I am looking for a developer for a specific project.  I have a bias towards people based in Brostol and the West Country but I will cosnider people from anywhere in the UK.  I am not interested in enlisting the help of anyone outside of the UK.  The project may require you to travel with me to the client's offices in the Midlands for one or more meetings.  Obviosuly costs of travel will be remunerated.  This is why I am not interested in anyone from outside the UK.   Whilst I tihnk I am looking for a single freelancer I would consider white labeling a small development agency.  I suspect profit margins would not be high enough for a large agency.

A design will be supplied to you.  What is needed is someoner to build the application.

Probably the best guide I can give you on this is to think about it as a Sales Record sheet.  Every Month (or at agreed intervals) each remote sales rep enters their sales figures in terms of what they sold and for how much.  They can then view how they did compared to everyone else.  For users who have not sold very much or have not achieved a high enough profit margin, the Head Office based Verification user will contact them to gather more ad hoc information (message and reply with email used to alert both parties..  Similarly for sales reps who have entered very high numbers the verification user will contact them to ascertain whether there is an error and also to gather notes that could then be disseminated out to the rest of the team with the result that everyone sells more.  Other head office team members work on the Tableau application which is then made available to the remote sales team through the website.

There are certain requirements.  For instance there needs to be a user database with the ability to recover passwords.

The database itself requries an Admin user who can make changes to any record.

The verfication user needs to be able to contact users via some kind of email or messaigng feature.  I assume that email is best for this.

One requriement is to integrate Tableau reports that are also hosted on Azure.  At the simplest level these will be made available as an iFrame to embed, but I am inteerested in any greater level of experience that you might have for much tighter integration using custom controls.

The reports will display as tables (similar to Excel, and as Graphs, and so if you have experience of this that is good to know.

I have detailed the specification as far as I am able and so would be very interested to find out if this is something you would be interested in working with us on.

I would be grateful if you could let me know what your rates are and also an estimate of how long you believe an application like this would take to build based on your experience.  Similarly if this is something you would wish to consider I know that the client would entertain a fixed cost price (obviously within agreed scope), and so if this is something you would be interested in pursuing please let me know.

I will look forward to your response.

• Daniel Minor 26 posts 84 karma points
    Jan 08, 2015 @ 16:18
    Daniel Minor

Hi Aaron,

I've emailed you a solution to your requirement.

Hopefully we can speak soon.

Danny (The Umbraco Guy)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft