Best shop for Umbraco

Hi,

What best shop package for Umbraco ?

Thanks

• Jeavon Leopold 3072 posts 13628 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Jun 03, 2013 @ 12:38
    Jeavon Leopold

Hi Alex,

There are 3 excellent and well supported commercial e-commerce packages for Umbraco.

They are:

All 3 offer slighly different solutions. I would recommend you watch the e-commerce showdown video from CodeGarden 2012 http://stream.umbraco.org/video/6426024/e-commerce-showdown where all three vendors present their solutions.
    There is also a open source solution called Commerce for Umbraco, however the last code commit to it was October 2012 http://our.umbraco.org/projects/collaboration/commerce-for-umbraco
    Thanks,
    Jeavon
  • Søren Spelling Lund 1797 posts 2786 karma points
    Jun 04, 2013 @ 09:19
    Søren Spelling Lund

Hi Alex,

As the co-founder of uCommerce I'm happy to answer any question you may have about uCommerce. We have three different version available: Free, Pro, and Enterprise so you should be able to find a version of uCommerce, which matches the price/functionality you're looking for.

We do online demoes every Thursdays and ongoing webinars. In fact you can check out a recording of a previous webinar if you're curious about which features uCommerce offers.

If you'd like a real-time walkthough you're more than welcome to contact Thomas at uCommerce HQ, he'll fix you up with a demo. He's at tnj AT ucommerce DOT dk

Hope this helps.

• Anders Burla 2560 posts 8256 karma points
    Jun 20, 2013 @ 14:11
    Anders Burla

Hi Alex

Im a co-developer on the Tea Commerce project and I only hear great things from the Umbraco community that uses it and from people at Code Garden. Just as Jeavon - they just used it for a site. The great thing about Tea Commerce is that is much like Umbraco. Umbraco is a great toolbox for building websites - Tea Commerce is a great toolbox for building e-commerce on the Umbraco platform.

Products/product variants/product categories are handled as Umbraco nodes/doc types - so all the UI stuff is simple to learn and get started. The rest is a custom section in Umbraco but looks like the Umbraco UI. All the tools for building a webshop using Tea Commerce has been tested and used by us at the office - so we know it works, are commited to always make it better and its quick to learn and use - time is money right :)

I would be happy to tell you more about the system or give you a demo. Just catch me on twitter @andersburla or email - info (at) teacommerce.net

Have a great day mate!

Kind regards
    Anders

• Jeroen Breuer 4908 posts 12265 karma points MVP 4x admin c-trib
    Jun 20, 2013 @ 15:58
    Jeroen Breuer

Hello,

We've used uWebshop for a couple of websites and it works really well. We've also had great support. You can find more info about it here: http://uwebshop.com/

Jeroen

• Alex Skrypnyk 6132 posts 23951 karma points MVP 7x admin c-trib
    Jan 17, 2014 @ 10:09
    Alex Skrypnyk

Hi everybody again,

Thank you all for your responses. Now we are planning to start large .net eCommerce site, and have old problem ) Now we think about your 3 solutions:

1. uCommerce
    2. Tea Commerce
    3. nopCommerce

The main requirements are:

1. great customization
    2. small input threshold for developers
    3. responsible support team

Thanks, Alex

Jan 17, 2014 @ 10:38
    Anders Burla

Hi Alex

I can tell you about Tea Commerce because im the founder of it :)

In short - we have a responsible support team - its only 30 min since you did this forum post and i'm already here. We want to give the best support to our fellow Umbraco community.

Tea Commerce has a really simple, yet flexible HTML/Razor API for fetching data and add products to the cart etc. Try look at how simple it is here at the documentation portal.
    http://documentation.teacommerce.net/html-api/

Last thing is customization. Tea Commerce use Umbraco for products and you properly know how flexible it's node/doc type/template system is - else let me tell you about it in a demo. Tea Commerce is build with the same ease and flexibility as Umbraco. So it's a simple system but is completely flexible and you can customize the look and feel and even use the API to make your own custom code for more advanced setups.

If you want more info - don't hesitate to contact me.

Kind regards
    Anders

• Alex Skrypnyk 6132 posts 23951 karma points MVP 7x admin c-trib
    Jan 17, 2014 @ 13:47
    Alex Skrypnyk

Hi Anders,

Thank you very much for your reply.

Could you tell me about maximum load for your system ? How many products? Customers ? What about high-load shop?

Thanks, Alex

Jan 17, 2014 @ 13:51
    Anders Burla

Tea Commerce is amazing at caching the tools it use - but because the products are just normal Umbraco content then Umbraco is the limit for performance. BUT the Red bull strato jump site was running Umbraco and handled 22 million views - so I think your shop is in good hands :)

Kind regards
    Anders

Jan 20, 2014 @ 18:01
    Anders Burla

Hi Denis

Umbraco can easily handle 3000 products - so it won't be a problem for Umbraco. We have solutions that have 25k+ nodes - Umbraco is pretty powerfull.

Kind regards
    Anders

Jan 20, 2014 @ 18:07
    Anders Burla

Hi Denis

Umbraco can easily handle 3000 nodes, so it wont be a problem. We have solutions with 25k+ nodes. Umbraco has good performance. And 50k orders is no problem for Tea Commerce. You can build the structure that you want in Umbraco.

Kind regards
    Anders

• Mark Bowser 273 posts 860 karma points c-trib
    Jul 27, 2015 @ 16:21
    Mark Bowser

More recently, Commerce4Umbraco is pretty out of date and unsupported at this point. Merchello is a new open source solution for eCommerce in Umbraco.

• jivan thapa 194 posts 681 karma points
    Jul 28, 2015 @ 13:44
    jivan thapa

I have used uCommerce, and recommended it.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft