May 27, 2014 @ 13:35
    johndavison

How I can integrate live chat module on my website

Please provide me the simplest way to integrate live chat on my website

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    May 27, 2014 @ 15:03
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi John and welcome to our :)

I think this question is hard to answer before we know a bit more about your scenario.

Are you a developer or editor of a website? And do you already have a running Umbraco website or are you working on developing a site?

And have you figured out what particular chat script you want to use? If so do you have a link to it somewhere?

Cheers, Jan

• jed clinton 1 post 21 karma points
    May 29, 2014 @ 12:49
    jed clinton

If you are searching live chat plugin for your website then you can try any third party application such as eAssistance Pro, comm100 or live2support etc.

• Matthew Hardesty 22 posts 73 karma points
    Dec 12, 2014 @ 10:30
    Matthew Hardesty

Hey there,

I've worked with a variety of live chat tools (including LivePerson, a pain) and I've implemented them on client websites.

By far, my preference for a simple, fast, and easily-implemented live chat tool is olark live chat

Simply sign up for an account at olark, then it'll give you your code to put on the website. To install it, just put the code just above the closing </body> tag on your template. You can refresh the site and see it working.

As far as actually chatting with people, it's very easy to set up. You can use their chat tool on the website, or you can add the chat account to common chat clients like Pidgin (for Windows), Adium (for Mac), and a variety of phone apps (yes, you can respond to chats on your site from your phone). 

Give it a shot. Highly recommended. 

-Matthew Hardesty

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft