Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• timgrove 28 posts 61 karma points
    Aug 25, 2010 @ 04:29
    timgrove

Milwaukee/Chicago area meetup interest?

I'm a developer in Milwaukee, WI and was curious to see if there are other developers in this area (Milwaukee/Chicago) that would be interested in a meetup or collaboration?

• bob baty-barr 1180 posts 1294 karma points MVP
    Aug 27, 2010 @ 22:27
    bob baty-barr

i am in! about 30 miles west of chicago!!! i am sure i can bring some of the other guys from around here too... where are you thinking?

• Casey Neehouse 1339 posts 483 karma points MVP 2x admin
    Aug 27, 2010 @ 22:28
    Casey Neehouse

The closer to me the better. 

I would consider a Chicago area meet-up.  

Case

Aug 27, 2010 @ 22:31
    bob baty-barr

milwaukee is cool with me too... sounds like you guys have some fun up there too :)

Aug 30, 2010 @ 17:55
    timgrove

Very cool! I have not given a location too much thought, other than the greater Chicago/Milwaukee area, wanted to see if there was interest. 

There are 2 other guys here at work that would attend as well.  If we gather up a couple more guys, I would say lets meet up somewhere in middle at a pub with a good meeting space. I can research that if no one knows of a good spot. If its under 10-12 people, I can always host a meetup here at my work in downtown Milwaukee, if you are interested in coming up this way, so that is an option too.

If we think we can get a larger attendance, Chicago might be the better option, and have a smaller first meetup, and discuss having a larger Chicago meetup then.

Let me know your thoughts

• Chuck 71 posts 69 karma points
    Aug 30, 2010 @ 17:59
    Chuck

I will attend if its in Milwaukee for sure!

Aug 30, 2010 @ 17:59
    bob baty-barr

alright, i will try to rally up a few people and see what kind of turnout we can generate...then we can decide locale...

• Chad Schulz 13 posts 46 karma points
    Aug 30, 2010 @ 18:17
    Chad Schulz

I work with timgrove and would also attend. You know what they say about getting a bunch of Umbraco developers together... Yeah, me neither, but I think it would be a good time.

Aug 30, 2010 @ 18:20
    bob baty-barr

Chad, i can tell you what they say about getting a bunch of umbraco devs together...

tell the bar to stock up and don't plan on getting any sleep -- 3 years of codegarden experience has proven that!

looking forward to meeting some other midwestern umbraco devs :)

Aug 30, 2010 @ 18:28
    timgrove

@Chuck awesome, we will count you in

@bob sounds great! just let us know your rallying results

• Charles Schmidt 1 post 21 karma points
    Sep 02, 2010 @ 15:36
    Charles Schmidt

I'm in

• singer777 69 posts 80 karma points
    Nov 10, 2010 @ 04:58
    singer777

I'm in, too, please keep me updated.

Feb 22, 2011 @ 17:44
    bob baty-barr

hey gang... let's try to get a good turnout for cmsExpo in may... umbraco is hosting a FREE event May 2nd at 8pm -- checkout the meetup i created today for more details... or just look here...

The meetup is Monday night, May 2, 8:00-9:30 pm at the Hotel Orrington. This meetup is open to the public and is free. It is a great chance for the attendees of the conference (from all over the world) to mingle with the local users. One of the founders/partners of Umbraco will present a 20-40 min “Roadmap” of where Umbraco is and where it is going in the next year. The rest of the time is social, networking, Q&A, etc.

To see the general schedule and an overview of the conference please visit our site: www.CMSExpo.net

Feb 22, 2011 @ 18:26
    Chad Schulz

I will be at the Umbraco Meetup for sure! Thanks for the tip! 

In the meantime, I'm going to try and scrounge up enough for the event itself.

Looking forward to meeting the Umbraco community in the Chicago area!

Mar 14, 2011 @ 20:05
    Chad Schulz

Wednesday would make the most sense for us to attend the Expo, so we were considering going down for that day rather than Monday night. Would anyone be attending that day to meetup?

Mar 14, 2011 @ 20:15
    bob baty-barr

Chad, are you guys actually going to attend the expo that day? like the sessions, etc.?

just wondering.

Mar 14, 2011 @ 20:17
    Chad Schulz

Yeah, that's what we are looking into. Then we were wondering if anyone else in this conversation were planning on attending so we could meetup on Wednesday instead. That seems to be the most Umbraco-heavy day.

Mar 14, 2011 @ 20:18
    bob baty-barr

yeah, you are right... which is odd that the planned event isn't tied to that... hmmmmm....

i could be convinced to stroll into town on both days :)

Mar 14, 2011 @ 22:08
    Chad Schulz

Look like timgrove, another developer here, and I will all be attending the CMS Expo on Wednesday May 4th. Hopefully we can meet some local developers as well. We can have a mini impromptu Umbraco gathering that evening...

• singer777 69 posts 80 karma points
    Mar 20, 2011 @ 03:09
    singer777

I'll be there whatever day you guys choose. Looking forward to it!

Apr 09, 2011 @ 00:01
    bob baty-barr

hey, let us know if you are attending... http://our.umbraco.org/events/cms-expo

Apr 20, 2011 @ 15:52
    bob baty-barr

hey, guys... looks like i will be at CMSexpo all days... and will be speakign on wednesday as well... but just to update everyoine, here is the flyer about the monday night meetup... please pass along to all your developer friends in the area... let's make this a great meetup!

http://mtturl.com/data/Meetup-Monday-Night-Umbraco.pdf

• Jamie Howarth 306 posts 773 karma points c-trib
    Sep 18, 2012 @ 21:39
    Jamie Howarth

Hi guys

I know this is an old thread but I've set up a meetup group for Chicago if anyone's interested.

http://www.meetup.com/umbChicago/

Hope to see you all there sometime soon.

Benjamin

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft