Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Eran 292 posts 436 karma points
    Oct 04, 2010 @ 21:00
    Eran

Materials Needed for New Umbraco Group

hello everyone,

i thinking to to arrange the first Umbraco introduction lecture and meet up in israel, and i wonder if you guys have any content/materials/ideas that i can use? i guess that more or less all the topics are the same no matter if we are in israel or copenhagen.. so it will make it a lot easier if i can learn from your experience. even a table of content will be appreciated!

Thanks,

Eran.

• Eran Meir 401 posts 543 karma points
    Oct 21, 2010 @ 19:59
    Eran Meir

let me know if this meet up happens :)

Oct 21, 2010 @ 20:22
    Eran

not yet! i started to collect some materials but if anyone have somthing that can be usable or have any advices it will be great!

even to tell what did yo do in your first meetings will be great.

basically i want 2 arrange 2 sets: one is umbraco user group, for people who know umbraco and have some sort of experience.
    the second set is to introduction, mainly to people who know nothing about umbraco but interested to hear about it.

Thanks,

Eran.

Jan 03, 2011 @ 16:05
    Eran

anyone that did that maybe can share me his experience about: "our first umbraco introduction meetup" -

i thought about: general info (history, etc), general concepts and the main sections in the system.

after that, a demo and drill down to see little bit code.

what do you think?

• Eran Meir 401 posts 543 karma points
    Jan 03, 2011 @ 16:11
    Eran Meir

you can check out history here http://umbraco.org/about-us/history

• Rich Green 2246 posts 4008 karma points
    Jan 03, 2011 @ 16:15
    Rich Green

Hey Eran,

Neils did a great talk on Umbracos history at the UK festival and Doug had a great talk on hidden Umbraco gems, not really an intro but worth a look to see if you can get some material (these videos are all worth a watch anyway)

Videos here

http://www.google.co.uk/search?sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8&q=umbracoukfestival+videos#q=umbraco+uk+festival+videos&hl=en&prmd=ivns&source=univ&tbs=vid:1&tbo=u&ei=auchTezyHcG0hAegvri4Dg&sa=X&oi=video_result_group&ct=title&resnum=2&ved=0CDkQqwQwAQ&fp=7b69bda3f6e4bbce

Rich

Jan 03, 2011 @ 16:42
    Eran

thanks - i know that links and i saw videos from the festival, what i really need is materials for inroduction level. there is 1 great presentation that i found and explain about umbraco etc. that kind of things are great.

Thanks.

Jan 03, 2011 @ 16:44
    Rich Green

The literature from Umbraco Level 1 course might be a good start? However not sure this is available publicly or is for redistribution.

Jan 03, 2011 @ 16:49
    Eran

maybe it is good start - i dont know because i never saw it. if you have it you can send it to me, and if i find it fits, i can ask permission from the guys if i can use it for non-commercial lecture.

Jan 03, 2011 @ 16:55
    Rich Green

If you can get permission for Umbraco HQ then I'm happy to scan it in for you, though I'm sure HQ would have a more up to date electronic copy.

Jan 03, 2011 @ 16:57
    Eran

oright,  i will contact HQ and ask for them permission and the latest copy.

Thanks!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft