Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Marcus Maunula 229 posts 386 karma points
    Apr 12, 2011 @ 17:01
    Marcus Maunula

Umbracosweden site?

As a followup to my last question. Any plans to create a site for Sweden as well? Maybe some Swedish meetups etc. One suggestion is to do something together with SWENUG(a .NET users group that I am a member of).

umbracosweden.org sounds like a nice name, it would match drupalsweden nicely :).

• Åke Järvklo 23 posts 69 karma points
    Apr 21, 2011 @ 12:28
    Åke Järvklo

I've squatted umbracosweden.se, umbracosweden.org,  umbracosverige.se, umbracosverige.org and umbracosverige.nu for a while (ie. redirected them to "the mothership")  to make sure they're not pirated by linkspammers  - and these domains are available - ie. I'll donate them - to a Swedish Umbraco users group on condition that the group is registered as a proper "ideell förening" with a registered set of statures ("stadgar") and has Umbraco as its primary interest.

So if anyone out there plans to start up a Swedish users group for Umbraco, and think these domain names are OK, just let me know and I'll throw in creation and hosting of a site for the startup effort as well :)

Updated 13/6 2011:
    Unfortunately I just learned that the above is out of the question since "Umbraco" is not allowed to be used as part of any domain name without exceptions - so the domains I listed above will be left to expire in peace on their own.

... unless eg.  @Umbraco could be talked into making an exception in this case for a budding - non-profit -  Swedish Users Group that is (#bestofintentions - #really)  ;)

• Ludvig 12 posts 33 karma points
    Apr 21, 2011 @ 12:45
    Ludvig

nice Åke!

Apr 21, 2011 @ 13:01
    Marcus Maunula

Well I can help if others join in, I am fairly new to Umbraco but I expect to have a few "real" sites done this year. I really think a Swedish community site would help Umbracos profile in Sweden.

I think the best would be if the lead was taken by someone with some experience (I am very experienced in C# btw).

Is anyone here member of SWENUG? I thought some advertising there would fit the bill. Maybe some meetup in some major City as well?

We should double up with a LinkedIn group as well, I think Umbraco will really take off with 5.0(just a feeling I have).

Thank you Åke btw.

• Åke Järvklo 23 posts 69 karma points
    Apr 21, 2011 @ 13:35
    Åke Järvklo

You're welcome :)

And BTW- Swedegarden seems to be a good startingpoint for Swedes attending CodeGarden '11 to discuss how best to get a users group going (or as the organizer of Swedegarden puts it: Also, this is a kickass way to get an Umbraco user-group going in Sweden.)

IMHO I agree that Swedegarden could be a very golden opportunity to start this up indeed - and lament the fact that I am unable to attend :(

Apr 21, 2011 @ 13:45
    Marcus Maunula

I thought so but unfortunatelly I feel it is too early for me to attend. Next year in Copenhagen ;). However, those who do attend could do well to discuss this

thread. I think there is alot to be won by having a move visible Umbraco community in Sweden. Drupalsweden has set a good example to follow in my humble opinion, for us who prefer the .NET stack that is ;).

• Jonas Eriksson 930 posts 1825 karma points
    Jun 14, 2011 @ 09:07
    Jonas Eriksson

Hi!

I'd vote for UUGS (like UUGD in Germany) or umSweden (like umBristol). And even if an Umbraco site for the group would be awesome I think the UK groups has very useful and good looking sites http://www.meetup.com/Manchester-Umbraco-Meetup/ 

Cheers

Jonas

• Kalle Ekstrand 181 posts 259 karma points c-trib
    Jun 14, 2011 @ 17:31
    Kalle Ekstrand

My vote goes to UUGS Umbraco User Group Sweden. The domain is free to register.

Should I do it?

//Kalle

Oct 13, 2011 @ 20:54
    Marcus Maunula

Sorry for the long time to reply, is there some way to subscribe to this?

Could we perhaps make a LinkedIn group for Sweden as well? They have a nice discussion system where you can get notifications on items. My main point is still this, name is secondary, the important part is that we get something :).

Oct 13, 2011 @ 21:34
  • Stephan Lonntorp 195 posts 212 karma points
    Oct 13, 2011 @ 21:37
    Stephan Lonntorp

We had our first meetup last night in stockholm. It was great, and we've already started planning for our next one.

Oct 13, 2011 @ 21:43
    Marcus Maunula

double post.

Oct 13, 2011 @ 21:43
    Marcus Maunula

Even we here in Gothenburg can travel if need be ;).

Jonas. Thank you, great initiative.

Oct 13, 2011 @ 21:53
    Jonas Eriksson

I wish I could take credit for some of it, but I haven't done a thing (yet). :) Big cheers to the guys behind the group and the sites! Stephan Kvart, Kalle Ekstrand I think.

Oct 13, 2011 @ 21:59
    Marcus Maunula

Well, the idea was to do something together. Nothing will happen if we all wait for others to do stuff ;). Nobody expects one
    guy to have to do all work.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft