Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Evan Jardine 108 posts 168 karma points
    Jun 25, 2009 @ 00:32
    Evan Jardine

Australian Umbraco Users

Hi All

Not sure if there is any current usergroup....  Just looking for some expressions of interest from Australian Umbraco users out there.

If anyone is interested in forming a group or meeting to share ideas please let me know and post your interest in this topic.

Cheers

Evan

• sritchie 48 posts 80 karma points
    Jun 25, 2009 @ 02:33
    sritchie

Certainly keen to get the process moving on setting up an AU group. I'm based in Brisbane & I know there are a few other QLD users (according to the "people close to me" locator ;)

In saying this, I'd be also keen for a national group forum get together in Syd / Mel if the travel was worth it.

Drop me a line via twitter - @screamr

• Peter Caitens 20 posts 23 karma points
    Jun 25, 2009 @ 03:17
    Peter Caitens

I raised the idea of a Brisbane User Group meeting, but haven't got around to following up on it as I have been busy and therewasn't a huge number of replies.

I would be interested in being part of something.

Peter

• Evan Jardine 108 posts 168 karma points
    Jun 25, 2009 @ 06:24
    Evan Jardine

I'm located on the far south coast of nsw so travel is always involved for me :)

Lets see if we can get a few more replies and maybe organise some sort of group.

If you want to drop me a line my Twitter alias is - @EvanJardine

Evan

• sritchie 48 posts 80 karma points
    Jun 26, 2009 @ 01:44
    sritchie

Ok. Great to hear.

Lets start throwing some ideas around about how we can get this group happening.

I'm thinking a national hookup once a year where possible, with major cities having more regular, i.e. quarterly drinks/sessions to go over who's doing what. Thoughts? Objections? Additions?

I don't want this to get forgotten and pushed aside amid other stresses we all have with work/family, as I believe getting a group together will help everyone develop their understanding, skills, and feelings of Umbraco as a platform and as a community.

• Aaron Powell 1708 posts 3046 karma points c-trib
    Jun 26, 2009 @ 02:06
    Aaron Powell

Shannon and myself disucssed this topic at CG09 this past week about how we can go about improving the Australian Umbraco community and here is what we're thinking/ planning:

* Getting in contact with existing .NET user groups in the different states and seeing if they would be happy enough to have anyone come and present Umbraco. We're hopefully going to be able to get in contact with some of the MS guys here though Umbraco contacts to try and get the ball rolling, but if anyone has contact with .NET user groups in Brisbane, Sydney or Melbourne please let me know

* Organise Umbraco web sessions via Live Meeting or WebEx (or similar) in which someone can host and talk about something they want to talk about regarding Umbraco. I also think that the NZ guys are interested in doing this kind of stuff

This is something that Umbraco is interested in doing, and I'm very interested in getting this up and running. The first real goal though is to start getting in contact with existing groups and working off their user base to get the word out there so we can start finding out how many Australian Umbracoians there are.

If anyone is interested the minutes from the open space where we dicussed this very topic are up on the wiki - http://our.umbraco.org/wiki/codegarden-2009/core-retreat-minutes/communities-outside-of-europe

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft