Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Kyle Skrinak 272 posts 327 karma points
    Jun 28, 2009 @ 15:22
    Kyle Skrinak

Mini-meetup?

I'm not sure what is considered a "meetup," but, here in the Raleigh/Durham NC region, I belong to a local Drupal group. We meet monthly (they meet more frequently, actually, some kind of coding sessions) where people rotate presenting on a Drupal topic and discuss various design and production aspects. There's no costs for attendance, and I only pay for the gas to get to the local event. A like umbraco group would be awesome, is such a thing possible? Are there localized versions? I can't swing or pretend to swing any time away from the office for a trip to even Atlanta (6 hour drive)

• Casey Neehouse 1339 posts 483 karma points MVP 2x admin
    Jun 29, 2009 @ 01:25
    Casey Neehouse

Hi Kyle,

Unfortunately, I have yet to hear of any local groups being officially formed here in the US that focus on umbraco.  I would like to see this happen. 

What may be an option is to find a Dot Net User Group, present umbraco to them, and form a spin-off group of interested people.

Good luck!

• Kyle Skrinak 272 posts 327 karma points
    Jun 29, 2009 @ 12:41
    Kyle Skrinak

Much thanks! That's an interesting path I wouldn't have considered. 

• Scott Blomfield 30 posts 57 karma points
    Jul 10, 2009 @ 18:16
    Scott Blomfield

There is an Umbraco Users Group in Tulsa, Oklahoma. With that said, that's pretty far away from you though. I would definitely like to spur on the creation of additional local user group chapters.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft