Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Peter Gregory 408 posts 1614 karma points MVP 3x admin c-trib
    Jun 29, 2009 @ 13:39
    Peter Gregory

New Zealand users? Where are you?

In the interest of figuring out what sort of meetup potential there is in New Zealand I'm surveying how many users there are from NZ and where they are in the country.  It may be a mater of running sessions at DNUG or existing meetups as was discussed during the Umbraco Retreat

If you are a user and you haven't updated or created your profile with your general location I would suggest you do so by either registering on the forum or editing your profile.  This will add you to the People Locator

Just ping back on this thread with your location and if you belong to an existing DNUG and we will see what we can get going.

Thanks

Peter

• Justin Moore 41 posts 100 karma points
    Jul 02, 2009 @ 01:23
    Justin Moore

I'm in Tauranga, might make it up to an Auckland meetup if it ties in with something else. 

I usually go to the Tauranga DNUG which is pretty active but I haven't met any other umbraco users there. Maybe you could come down and do a session? 

• Paul Blair 466 posts 731 karma points
    Jul 02, 2009 @ 02:59
    Paul Blair

I am far from the major centers but close to a ski field - C'est la vie.

Jul 03, 2009 @ 01:35
    Peter Gregory

For those of you in New Zealand make sure you check out the Webinar running on the 13th July. http://our.umbraco.org/../2686-AUSPAC-Webinar See you there!!!

• jefferycxl 35 posts 83 karma points
    Jul 03, 2009 @ 10:54
    jefferycxl

I am in Wellington

• Chris Evans 137 posts 353 karma points c-trib
    Jul 04, 2009 @ 01:11
    Chris Evans

Sunny Auckland.

Maybe we could set up localised umbraco user sites like nz.umbraco.org / umbraco.org.nz or something to post news and announcements about meetups or training, lists of users for people to find umbraco help, etc.

• Rodske 74 posts 104 karma points
    Jul 04, 2009 @ 06:27
    Rodske

Auckland shout-out.

I know there are number of companies in AK rolling with umbraco now. It would be good to understand the field as it makes it more appealling for developers to bite down on - knowing what they are learning is transferable into other businesses makes for a more enjoyable journey. Avoiding statements such as - "Not another custom ad-hoc application I'm going to need to know like the back of my hand." .

• skiltz 501 posts 701 karma points
    Jul 04, 2009 @ 14:05
    skiltz

I in Wellington.....if anyone is keen for a coffee and some light chat about Umbraco then sing out.

Jul 06, 2009 @ 06:09
    Peter Gregory

Its great to hear of many others out there using Umbraco in NZ.  Through Our we are able to flick out emails to all members from a particular region to setup meetups etc.  I think rather than making localised verisons of the site (has been done in the past eg German Forum) which tend not to be too successful I think it would be best to keep it within the Our framework.

I will add a post to the Our Features thread about setup some sort of meetup request / members feature

• Dany Wu 81 posts 114 karma points
    Jul 27, 2009 @ 05:12
    Dany Wu

Add another one to the numbers...looks like Paul Blair and I are the only ones here from the South Island so far...

• anthony hall 222 posts 536 karma points
    Jul 29, 2009 @ 10:23
    anthony hall

Kiwi living in London. Keep me in the loop. I go back quite frequently. 

• Josh Reid 182 posts 258 karma points
    Jul 29, 2009 @ 12:10
    Josh Reid

In Papamoa... Shout outs for the sunny BOP... Tu meke!

• eyoung 1 post 21 karma points
    Sep 22, 2009 @ 23:11
    eyoung

Another one from Wellington :)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft