Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Peter Duncanson 430 posts 1360 karma points c-trib
    Jul 30, 2009 @ 14:28
    Peter Duncanson

UK North meet? M62 Corridor?

Any one fancy a meet up in the Grim North? Ale and pickled eggs can be optional but you must bring your own coal!

Do we have many Northern web monkeys using Umbraco?

Pete - in Sunny Huddersfield

• Ismail Mayat 4511 posts 10090 karma points MVP 2x admin c-trib
    Jul 30, 2009 @ 17:50
    Ismail Mayat

there are a few us up here pete from rainy Preston.  I'm definately interested.

• Gareth 20 posts 24 karma points
    Jul 30, 2009 @ 19:32
    Gareth

I'm in Manchester - I've only just started in my spare time

Jul 30, 2009 @ 19:52
    Peter Duncanson

Excellent, excellent, lets keep this open for a week or so and see how many names we get (and locations) and we'll try to have a pub meet somewhere :)

I'm still playing with it myself but enjoying it, theres enough of a framework there for me to run with I think. Would just be nice to have some other Umbraco heads around for a few hours to chat about what can be done/how/best practises and gotchas if you know what I mean.

Keep and eye on this one then.

• Matt Brailsford 4124 posts 22215 karma points MVP 9x c-trib
    Aug 02, 2009 @ 23:36
    Matt Brailsford

I'd be up for that. Always good to exchange ideas.

Matt (Huddersfield)

Aug 04, 2009 @ 15:41
    Peter Duncanson

Nice one Matt, that makes four (and your a fellow Udders man). I've got a friend who's also keen, he's not signed up here yet though so that would make 5. Thats not bad in only a week.

One more week to gather some names then we'll start coming up with a venue and dates I think.

Cheers

Pete

• Richard 146 posts 168 karma points
    Aug 04, 2009 @ 18:39
    Richard

I would be interested, just south of Manchester.

Richard

• Seth Niemuth 275 posts 397 karma points
    Aug 04, 2009 @ 19:57
    Seth Niemuth

I would also be interested...but I am even farther north...edinburgh

Aug 05, 2009 @ 16:03
    Peter Duncanson

Wow, that is a distance, top marks for being keen my man! Free drink on me if you make it :)

Guess its still closer than London though...

• Jim McKerchar 3 posts 24 karma points
    Aug 05, 2009 @ 16:07
    Jim McKerchar

Aye. Count me in Pete. Always up for beer and pickled eggs... and code talk of course. Can i bring a wippet instead of coal though...? Easier to get on the bus!

• Tim Smith 9 posts 29 karma points
    Aug 08, 2009 @ 21:11
    Tim Smith

if sniemuth brings down some Scotch and Haggis (vegetarian of course), i'm there!

• Seth Niemuth 275 posts 397 karma points
    Aug 10, 2009 @ 15:55
    Seth Niemuth

haha...if i can make it, i will try to bring some.

Aug 11, 2009 @ 13:07
    Peter Duncanson

I've never had haggis, can offer home made pickled eggs though :)

• Robert Currey 7 posts 37 karma points
    Aug 11, 2009 @ 13:27
    Robert Currey

I'm curious enough to come.

Aug 17, 2009 @ 22:40
    Peter Duncanson

Well then fellas. Thats enough for a good do I think. Shall we start looking at getting a date together? This month, next month, whats best for everyone?

I'm stacked most weekend so mid/end of week would be better for me personally.

As theres 5 locals to Huddersfield with their name in the hat can I be so bold as to suggest we have it in Sunny Huds? If so I'll find us a suitable venue with good beer (a few spring to mind). If you want hotels let me know and I'll get some numbers for you.

If you want to email direct it [p e t e] a.t. offroadcode dot com (minus all the funny character for spam reasons)

Aug 21, 2009 @ 15:14
    Peter Duncanson

Anyone?

• Matt Brailsford 4124 posts 22215 karma points MVP 9x c-trib
    Aug 22, 2009 @ 19:49
    Matt Brailsford

Based on my current workload, I'd say either in the next couple of weeks, or in around 1months time (I have a largish project due). Whenever we decide though, I can't do Mondays or Wednesdays due to other commitments. In terms of where, I actualy work in Manchester so either Manchester or Hudds would be good for me.

Other than that though, count me in.

• Tim Smith 9 posts 29 karma points
    Aug 27, 2009 @ 12:44
    Tim Smith

Me too. Hudds works fine for me. Looking forward to meeting my betters! Or bitters!

• Gareth 20 posts 24 karma points
    Aug 30, 2009 @ 10:10
    Gareth

If it was in manchester I would definitely come does anyone else feel the same?

Sep 17, 2009 @ 12:14
    Peter Duncanson

Now then lads (and lasses), been away as promised but back now and still keep to arrange this meet up. Several votes for Hudds and one for Manchester.

If you like I don't mind picking a date, venue and time and trying to wrangle that into fitting in with as many of you as we can.

Trouble we have is lots of posted an interest but its really hard to track everyone on this forum.

Sooooo, if you are interested then please email us at [email protected] and we will manage it from there with follow up posts here too.

Look to have a meet this side of Christmas.

Cheers

Pete

• Josh Townson 67 posts 162 karma points
    Sep 18, 2009 @ 18:44
    Josh Townson

Hi guys,

I'd be up for this one - I work in Sheffield, and live in Leeds, so a little driving over to Huddersfield shouldn't be a problem.

Josh

Sep 23, 2009 @ 13:32
    Peter Duncanson

November the 12th is looking promising, in Huddersfield, venue to be confirmed.

Plan this time is just a meet and greet with fellow local Umbracians over a beer.

Thanks to those who have signed up already, if you are interested please email us ([email protected]) so we can keep you in the loop.

Cheers

Pete

Oct 06, 2009 @ 15:51
    Peter Duncanson

M62 Meet up number 1 is ON!

Thanks to those who have shown an interest by emailing us at [email protected] if you are interested in coming please email us so we can keep you in the loop.

Initial plan for the meet up is to meet at the "Head of Steam" pub in Huddersfield train station at 7pm on Thursday 12th November.

http://www.theheadofsteam.co.uk/default.aspx?tabid=10270

Free parking is available at the train station after six and trains run regularly from Leeds, Manchester, etc. Food is available at the pub if you fancy a burger and chips (they do good burgers actually, can't comment on the rest though) and they have a fine selection of beers, ales and soft drinks for those driving (but no pickled eggs as far as I know...). We hopefully will be in the back room which has a door out on to platform 1 but depends on how busy it is we might move around a bit. I'll have the umbraco logo printed out and put somewhere so you can spot us hows that?

As discussed with some of you this meet up is intended to be just a meet and greet with like minded folk over a beer in the hope of building some bridges with local Umbraco users so we can between us maybe offer help/support and maybe some extra man hours for future projects etc. If it goes well then we will try to make it a mildly regular thing depending on how everyone feel about it. If nothing else its an excuse to have a few beers after work and talk geeky with people who will actually know what you are on about!

Please invite your work mates and Umbraco using friends. The more the merrier.

Any questions let me know.

Cheers

Pete

Oct 30, 2009 @ 12:00
    Peter Duncanson

Just a reminder lads, less than two weeks to go now. Please make sure you've booked the night off and pencilled it into your diary.

See you there.

Pete

Nov 11, 2009 @ 12:05
    Peter Duncanson

Final reminder. Pub meet tomorrow 7pm Head of Steam pub @ Huddersfield train station.

See you there.

Pete

Nov 13, 2009 @ 11:55
    Peter Duncanson

Well that went well! Thanks to all those who turned up as well as those who got in touch to tell me they could not make it.

Everyone seemed to have a good time, lots of beer drunk and geeky chat. The out come of which might be brought up on other forum posts.

We had 8 turn up, not bad at all for a first get together. Everyone seemed keen to meet again so in the new year we will be arranging another on. Watch this space! If you are interesting in coming to the next one please email us at [email protected] so we can email you with dates.

Cheers

Pete

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft