Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Rich Green 2246 posts 4008 karma points
    Nov 19, 2009 @ 14:38
    Rich Green

Hotels for Copenhagen Level 2 course?

Anyone got any recommendations for a fairly cheap but comfortable hotel in Copenhagen close to where the course is held?

Also I assume the location is close to the Copenhagen Airport?

Many thanks 

Rich

• Chris Houston 535 posts 980 karma points MVP admin c-trib
    Nov 19, 2009 @ 14:51
    Chris Houston

Hi Rich,

Every time I have been to Copenhagen ( 4 times over the last two years ) I have used the couch surfing project to find people to stay with and have made some great friends in Copenhagen. It saves a lot of money that can be spent else where ( beers / food :) )

http://www.couchsurfing.com/

The training last time was in the centre of Copenhagen, it's about a 10 minute train ride from the station to the centre and then about 15 minutes to where the training was held. Might be different this time!

Cheers,

Chris

• Niels Hartvig 1951 posts 2391 karma points c-trib
    Nov 19, 2009 @ 15:19
    Niels Hartvig

I can highly recommend couch surfing too. Especially as this time the course is - unfortunately - running at the same time as the UN Climate Conference (COP15), so many hotels have doubled the rate. Bastards!

Nov 19, 2009 @ 15:28
    Chris Houston

Hi Rich,

You can find some of the people I have stayed with / met in Copenhagen on my profile. It's best to just do a couch surfing search, find a profile of someone you think you'd be happy staying with and then do a request.

If you don't find someone, most large cities have an emergency group for very last minute requests. But everyone prefers a personal request :)

Don't forget to fill in your own profile before asking someone else if you can stay, include as much info as you can and some photos, if you have never couch surfed with someone, you can image people are less like to want to host someone with no references, so the more info you give them to feel comfortable your not a weirdo, the better :)

Here's my profile.. as you can see I have stayed with a few people and have also hosted quite a few:

http://www.couchsurfing.org/people/readingdancer/

Cheers,

Chris

• Rich Green 2246 posts 4008 karma points
    Nov 19, 2009 @ 15:37
    Rich Green

Thanks for the tips Chris & Niels, Couch Surfing looks good.

Filling out my profile now :)

Cheers

Rich

Nov 19, 2009 @ 16:00
    Chris Houston

Hi Rich,

It's been a great experience for me, I've met some great people, made some long term friends from around the world. My last couch surfing was a business trip to Romania (beats staying in a hotel on your own) and the next one is a holiday to Brazil in 3 weeks time!

Cheers,

Chris

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft