Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Markus Johansson 1911 posts 5757 karma points MVP c-trib
    Jan 25, 2010 @ 12:10
    Markus Johansson

Umbraco Podcast from Sthlm?

Hi guys!

I'm thinking about starting up a new audio-podast, the subject of course - Umbraco.

Would that be something that would interest people?

Is there anyone based in Stockholm that would like to join the project? Our that someone that have something interesting to speak about regarding Umbraco??

// Markus, Enkel Medis Sthlm

• Richard Soeteman 4035 posts 12842 karma points MVP
    Jan 25, 2010 @ 12:32
    Richard Soeteman

Hi Markus,

Think this is a great Idea. I listen to a lot of podcasts to keep up with technology when traveling. Would be great if there is an Umbraco podcast whichs tells you what's going on in the community( recent packages, blogposts interesting forum topics etc.) I suggest that you don't go too deep into the technology since it's an audio podcast.

I will definatly subscribe to this podcast! And if you ever want to talk about UmbImport just mail me richard[a]soetemansoftware.nl

Cheers,

Richard

• rasb 162 posts 218 karma points
    Jan 25, 2010 @ 13:09
    rasb

Great idea! I would subscribe.

/RasB

• Markus Johansson 1911 posts 5757 karma points MVP c-trib
    Jan 25, 2010 @ 14:07
    Markus Johansson

Nice to hear that you guys like the idea!

I would love some more input! What would you like to hear? Some special person that i should invite?

// M

• Stephan Lonntorp 195 posts 212 karma points
    Jan 25, 2010 @ 14:08
    Stephan Lonntorp

I'd definetly be into that!

• Sebastiaan Janssen 5045 posts 15476 karma points MVP admin hq
    Jan 25, 2010 @ 21:57
    Sebastiaan Janssen

I love podcasts, an Umbraco one would be great!

@Richard: Cool what do you listen to?

Currently, I listen to these tech/programming related podcasts (in order of awesomeness):

Hanselminutes (!!)
    Stack Overflow podcast
    .Net Rocks!
    TWiT
    Software Engineering radio
    Misfit Geek Podcast
    Polymorphic Podcast
    Sod This

• anthony hall 222 posts 536 karma points
    Jan 25, 2010 @ 22:54
    anthony hall

yeah, this would be great. So many interesting angles to discuss on umbraco. If you listen to .Net rocks you notice they get a lot of their content around conferences. So Code garden could be very fruitful. 

@Seb, Web dev radio is quite good too. 

• Johan 188 posts 380 karma points
    Jun 26, 2012 @ 12:26
    Johan

Is this idea shelved? I'd love an Umbraco podcast. 

• Niels Hartvig 1951 posts 2391 karma points c-trib
    Jun 26, 2012 @ 12:46
    Niels Hartvig

+1 Would be awesome to see this happen!

Jun 26, 2012 @ 13:25
    Richard Soeteman

+1 for the Podcast. Think Søren already registered a domain and has some experience recording podcasts. Hope it will happen soon. 

• Koen Kemseke 3 posts 23 karma points
    Jun 26, 2012 @ 13:40
    Koen Kemseke

Sorry for my intrusion as a newbie, but I'm asking myself what the purpose is: it seems to me that audio podcast are a bit outdated. The only thing podcasts are good for is that you are able to sync it with your iPod or smartphone, to listen them when you're en route. If this is the purpose, then I agree.

I'm seeing more future in google hangouts on air, which has also the advantage of screen sharing.

Just my 2 cents

• Johan 188 posts 380 karma points
    Jun 26, 2012 @ 13:51
    Johan

I totally disagree. I listen to podcast when working out, doing the dishes, cleaning, CSS:ing, commuting etc. That wouldn't be possible if i had to interact or watch the screen at the same time. Podcasts are definitly the future. I may be biased cause i host a podcast myself but i really believe in the podcasting format.

• Koen Kemseke 3 posts 23 karma points
    Jun 26, 2012 @ 14:07
    Koen Kemseke

@Johan: I understand your position, and I can somehow relate to it, but what I'm saying is that - even if we only use audio-, we should retain the possibility to show video (discussed url's, pictures, ...). This is also possible with video-podcasts of course, but google+ hangouts also give us the opportunity to work interactive.

eg http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1eIXNbQWSc

Jun 26, 2012 @ 14:15
    Richard Soeteman

I'm all in for the audio format. As mentioned a few years ago (at the start of this thread) I listen to podcasts while commuting audio is ideal for that. I honestly can't find time , or won't allocate time to watch video podcast. But maybe others think different.

• Niels Hartvig 1951 posts 2391 karma points c-trib
    Jun 26, 2012 @ 21:23
    Niels Hartvig

I'm colored from the only time I've tried a Hangout, but Google Hangouts is the spawn of satan and for people who get a boner when being in a GotoMeeting. Please don't take offence - it was meant as a joke and not to hurt anyone :)

A Podcast is different as the purpose of a podcast isn't to show something fast (= screencast) but to explain it in-depth when people are on the move (commute, running, etc where there's actually time to listen).

IMHO the world has never been more in need of quality in-depth material.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft