Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Nicholas Westby 2054 posts 7100 karma points c-trib
    Jan 21, 2016 @ 22:17
    Nicholas Westby

Masterclass Training and Certification Clarification

My company is thinking of sending somebody to the masterclass training in San Diego this March, 2016. I have some questions:

• Attendance. Do I get a certification if I simply pay for the masterclass (i.e., if I don't attend)?
    • Qualification. If I do attend, do I have to focus on the masterclass (i.e., if I'm already knowledgeable in Umbraco and don't need the training, but want the certification)? Would be awesome if I could code a plugin during the masterclass and end up with a certification afterward.
    • Levels. Can I attend a level 2 masterclass and get a level 2 certification without doing anything related to level 1? Is there any benefit to having both certificates rather than just level 2 (aside from the training)? Does a level 2 certificate imply competence for level 1 training?
    • Proof. What can I do with certification? Do I get some listing on your website with my name or my company's name that says I'm "qualified"? Is there something else we get from being certified?

It seems there is some benefit to doing both levels so long as one of my coworkers also does both levels, as we'd then become certified gold partners: https://umbraco.com/certified-partners/partner-status

However, I'm also curious about what the benefits are for an individual developer.

• Dennis Aaen 4499 posts 18254 karma points admin hq c-trib
    Jan 21, 2016 @ 22:38
    Dennis Aaen

Hi Nicholas

Attendance. Do I get a certification if I simply pay for the masterclass (i.e., if I don't attend)?

• No you need to participated in the masterclass training by person. The certification exam will be available in the end of the training.

Qualification. If I do attend, do I have to focus on the masterclass (i.e., if I'm already knowledgeable in Umbraco and don't need the training, but want the certification)? Would be awesome if I could code a plugin during the masterclass and end up with a certification afterward.

• On the course you will get though different excises, and if you have a lot of Umbraco experience, then you can focus on other things after you have done the excises. Or ask a different type of questions.

Levels. Can I attend a level 2 masterclass and get a level 2 certification without doing anything related to level 1? Is there any benefit to having both certificates rather than just level 2 (aside from the training)? Does a level 2 certificate imply competence for level 1 training?

• Yes you can attend a level 2 masterclass and get a level 2 certification without doing anything related to level 1. But we expect that you know the basics (like document types, templates, macros). The benefit for doing both levels is if you as a company have 4 certifications, then you be come a Umbraco certified solution provider. http://umbraco.com/certified-partners/browse-solution-providers/

Proof. What can I do with certification? Do I get some listing on your website with my name or my company's name that says I'm "qualified"? Is there something else we get from being certified?

Hope this answers you questions Nicholas.

/Dennis

• Nicholas Westby 2054 posts 7100 karma points c-trib
    Jan 21, 2016 @ 23:55
    Nicholas Westby

Very useful answers. Thank you, Dennis.

Is there one certification exam per level (i.e., a level 1 certification exam and a level 2 certification exam)? And do you know the particular dates those exams are? My guess is they are on March 1st and March 3rd near the end of each day.

• Dennis Aaen 4499 posts 18254 karma points admin hq c-trib
    Jan 22, 2016 @ 08:04
    Dennis Aaen

Hi Nicoholas,

Yes there is a one certification exam per leve and you will get access to the online exam on the second day of the Umbraco Master Class, so when level 1 ends you will get access to this exam and the same for the level 2.

So in San Diego this March, 2016 it will be March 1st and March 3rd near the end of each day. But you can take the certification test at anytime when you want, you dont have to take on the course.

Currently we are also working on a new MasterClass structure, where you take a foundation level, and then you can take day courses in specific areas of Umbraco, this could be e.g MVC or so.

It will be a point system, where you get points for each course you take, and to become certified Umbraco developer you will need amount of X points.

/Dennis

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft