When I right click on a content node I get this error in IE8 and FF:

G[E] is undefined

Any ideas?

-Nate

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Jul 09, 2010 @ 11:32
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Nate

I think this could maybe be an issue with permissions on the umbraco folder. Try to give the network service full access and see if solves your problem?

/Jan

• Nate 143 posts 184 karma points
    Jul 09, 2010 @ 17:47
    Nate

That didn't work.  Network service already had full access.

This was working, just yesterday it stopped.  We have 8 people working on this so it's hard to tell what change made it happen. 

Any other ideas?

• Nate 143 posts 184 karma points
    Jul 10, 2010 @ 01:17
    Nate

I upgraded to 4.5.  That fixed my problem, although I have a new problem now with icons now showing up. I posed a question about that.

• Lee Hester 3 posts 23 karma points
    Jul 22, 2010 @ 00:03
    Lee Hester

I was actually getting this error today.  The last thing I had done was uninstall the Umbraco Courier package.  I know Courier adds items to the context menu, such as "Transfer to Live Site".  I replaced the files that were deleted by the uninstall (I can't seem to re-install from the package repository), and the error went away.  I noticed that the Umbraco admin tool was throwing a javascript error while trying to open the context menu, and I figured Courier had added an item to the context menu, so I'd start there.  If anyone else is specifically getting this "G[E] is undefined" error, I would start looking at things that could have affected your context menu.

• Sean Tomlins 9 posts 29 karma points
    Aug 18, 2010 @ 00:31
    Sean Tomlins

You are right about Umbraco Courier, it will break your context menu's if you uninstall the package. This is because the uninstall doesn't remove everything, there is a Umbraco.Courier.dll left in your bin folder. Delete this and you'll be fine.

This might be a problem specific to Umbraco Courier or perhaps any package that messes with the contextual menus in umbraco.

• Brendan Rice 538 posts 1099 karma points
    Feb 06, 2012 @ 01:15
    Brendan Rice

I have the same problem does anyone know how to fix this, I have double checked the permissions and everything seems fine.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft