Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Thomas.R 39 posts 62 karma points
    Jul 23, 2010 @ 15:26
    Thomas.R

Js error "Umbraco is not defined"

Hi,

I've migrated one of my umbraco sites from 4.0.3 to 4.5, the update process worked fine. Now I receive a JavaScript error when launching Umbraco : "Umbraco is not defined"

I have tested on Chrome/IE and it's the same, it is not caused by a firefox plugin neither firebug.

When i inspect the javascript file built by the client dependency loader, the first line where i found Umbraco is the line where the error is :
    Umbraco.Sys.registerNamespace("Umbraco.Controls");

I have checked the permissions and they are ok, i deleted umbraco/ and umbraco_client/ folders and recopied them from the zip and it's not working too.

Any ideas ?

Jul 23, 2010 @ 15:37
    Thomas.R

I am sure that the site reference the correct assemblies versions from umb4.5 and .net framework 4.

• Sascha Wolter 615 posts 1101 karma points
    Jul 25, 2010 @ 00:01
    Sascha Wolter

Had the same issue after trying out 4.5.1 beta. The reason was that ScriptResource.axd could not be found (404). After a couple of hours on the net and re-installing .Net Framework 4 and IIS7.5 (I assumed it was because AJAX didn't hook up properly or something), triple checking permissions, making sure that everything is in the GAC etc I reverted back to 4.5 and voila it worked all fine.

The really funny thing was though that at first it all worked fine, so got through database setup, could log into the backend, added a stylesheet, a doc type, modified a template, created a couple of nodes, somewhere along the way the error would pop up and would not go away. While looking around in IIS manager I had some trouble opening the .Net compilation section (as I have now with 4.5 as well): System.core reference seems to be duplicated, I guess because it's already in the machine config and the assemblies section contains no <remove> section at the top?

Aug 02, 2010 @ 17:54
    Thomas.R

Just tried the Umbraco 4.5.1 release and i always have the same issue.

Does someone knows why this js file does not contain Umbraco definition ? 

http://umbracoshare.semmeo.fr/issues/umbraco-generated-jsfile.js

That's why i'm getting a Umbraco is not defined on "Umbraco.Sys.registerNamespace("Umbraco.Controls");".

Sep 07, 2010 @ 16:48
    Thomas.R

Upgrading to 4.5.2 fixed this issue.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft