Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Martin Ullrich 7 posts 37 karma points
    Jul 27, 2010 @ 14:51
    Martin Ullrich

Can't add tinymce3 Datatype to Media Type in Umbraco 4.5

Hello!

I'm updating my Umbraco Sites to 4.5.1 but somehow i face fatal server errors when trying to add a "TinyMCE v3 wysiwyg" (5e9b75ae-face-41c8-b47e-5f4b0fd82f83) to a media content type (Image to be specific).

I could reproduce the error on a fresh umbraco 4.5.1 installation by creating a new datatype, selecting "TinyMCE v3 wysiwyg" as Control, saving, setting some preferences (Ntext, some buttons, context menu, show label).
    Then I opened the Media Type "Image" and added the Datatype. Opening any Image in the Media section results in:

Serverfehler in der Anwendung /.

No Document exists with Version '6ed643ac-e129-436e-b909-937dc00a39bc'

Beschreibung: Unbehandelte Ausnahme beim Ausführen der aktuellen Webanforderung. Überprüfen Sie die Stapelüberwachung, um weitere Informationen über diesen Fehler anzuzeigen und festzustellen, wo der Fehler im Code verursacht wurde. 

Ausnahmedetails: System.ArgumentException: No Document exists with Version '6ed643ac-e129-436e-b909-937dc00a39bc'

Quellfehler: 

Beim Ausführen der aktuellen Webanforderung wurde einen unbehandelte Ausnahme generiert. Informationen über den Ursprung und die Position der Ausnahme können mit der Ausnahmestapelüberwachung angezeigt werden.

Stapelüberwachung: 

[ArgumentException: No Document exists with Version '6ed643ac-e129-436e-b909-937dc00a39bc']
    umbraco.cms.businesslogic.web.Document.setupNode() +1469
    umbraco.cms.businesslogic.CMSNode..ctor(Int32 Id) +148
    umbraco.cms.businesslogic.Content..ctor(Int32 id) +67
    umbraco.cms.businesslogic.web.Document..ctor(Int32 id, Guid Version) +88
    umbraco.page..ctor(Int32 Id, Guid Version) +442
    umbraco.editorControls.tinyMCE3.webcontrol.TinyMCEWebControl.parseMacrosToHtml(String input) +370
    umbraco.editorControls.tinyMCE3.webcontrol.TinyMCEWebControl.OnPreRender(EventArgs e) +178
    System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +113
    System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +222
    System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +4185

Versionsinformationen: Microsoft .NET Framework-Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET-Version:4.0.30319.1

Translation of the Exception:

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. 

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

I really don't know what is wrong.. can anyone help me?

For Info: 64 Bit Server 2008, .Net 4

-) to con

• Heather Floyd 609 posts 1030 karma points MVP 6x c-trib
    Mar 08, 2011 @ 21:29
    Heather Floyd

I noticed the same behavior in my installation (umbraco v 4.5.2) when I attempted to add a Rich Text Editor property to the "Image" media type. Can someone confirm that Rich Text Editors are not allowed on media items by design?

I tried creating a "Simple RTE" datatype using TinyMCE3 with fewer buttons, with the same result.

There seems to be something with the rendering of the TinyMCE editor control that causes the problem...

Can anyone suggest a datatype that would provide slightly better usability than the "Simple Editor" but without the complexity of Tiny?

Thanks!

Heather

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft