Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Jacqui Kipfer 20 posts 102 karma points
    Aug 16, 2010 @ 23:57
    Jacqui Kipfer

Package will not Publish Version 4.0.3

Hi,

I am trying to create  a package and publish it. I can save my package but when I go to click the Save & Publish button, it sort of flashes and disappears when I roll over it. If I try to click the button when I can see it nothing happens. 

I'm running Umbraco 4.0.3 on Windows 7. Its a new install of Umbraco on a new PC (previous PC's hard drive broke).  I was able to successfully install a backup package of the work done on my old PC, I have finished all my development changes and now wanted to create a package to upload all my changes to my production site.  This is the first time I have attempted to create  a package on this fresh install of Umbraco.

I have installed the Log manager package but I don't see any errors generated when I attempt to create the package.  No error messages appear on the screen either, nothing happens at all.

I did add a data type erroneously and aliased it "UmbracoNaviHide" when trying to stop some content/nodes appearing in my XSLT menu.  I deleted the offending data type (well 2 actually :-) ) and I'm wondering if this has something to do with this issue, given another posting in the forum like this??

I also added a second language to my site in preparation for making the site multilingual.  Maybe this has an impact on the problem?

If anyone has some ideas on why I am having this problem I would be very grateful to hear them.

Thanks in advance.

• Jacqui Kipfer 20 posts 102 karma points
    Sep 09, 2010 @ 04:57
    Jacqui Kipfer

After searching fruitlessly for an answer I decided to upgrade to the latest version 4.5.3.  This fixed my problem on my localhost install very nicely.

Hope this helps someone else if they face the same issue.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft