Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Dibar 92 posts 74 karma points
    Aug 20, 2010 @ 02:15
    Dibar

Application constantly restarting

Both the updated download at codeplex and the nightly from the 19th still constantly restart the application. About once a minute, with nothing else but a log viewer to watch it happen.

I'd describe it better, and include some logs, but the last three times I tried, the forum ate my work, so here is repro: Upload umbraco to a remote server, set permissions on remote folders, launch, install log viewer, see restarts occurring once or twice a minute.

I had luck with a localhost not exhibiting this behavior, but that has not been transferable to remote deployment. I'd make it a bug report, but it has already been made, solved, and closed. So, this is just for anyone else trying to get umbraco 4.5+ to work.

• Dibar 92 posts 74 karma points
    Aug 22, 2010 @ 02:47
    Dibar

Well, I have a site running 4.0.? one doing 4.1.? and one running the latest nightly build, August 21. The older the version, the longer the site's been up.

The lower the version number, the longer the site has been been restarting the application every 40 seconds; the longer I've been blaming my hosting provider for umbraco's deficiencies.

Apparently I'm the only one. Actually, I'm the only one who's noticed. Actually, I'm the only one who's noticed and cared enough to let you folks know, before finding a cms that works.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft