Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Paul Blair 466 posts 731 karma points
    Aug 30, 2010 @ 07:01
    Paul Blair

Installing 4.5.2 on SoftSys

When deploying a clean install of 4.5.2 I come up with the issue already talked about several times here:

http://our.umbraco.org/forum/getting-started/installing-umbraco/10687-CSS-ISSUES-after-clean-install-of-45

I have tried all the sugegstions I can thinks of:

- moving client dependancy to /

- file write permissions granted to whole directory

- I am using a MySQl DB

- problem only seems to occur when using 4.0 integrated mode

- several other sites running 4.5.1 on SofySys seem to be working fine.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Paul

• Daniel Lindstrom 454 posts 271 karma points
    Sep 01, 2010 @ 22:22
    Daniel Lindstrom

Did you solve this? I am experiencing a similar issue with a fresh install of 4.5.2 on Softsys, .NET 4 in integrated mode.

I get no styling on umbraco install pages. 

Two calls on the install page to /install/DependencyHandler.axd fails:

Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)

/install/DependencyHandler.axd?s=L3Vt...&t=Css&cdv=1

Any suggestions? Thanks!

Sep 01, 2010 @ 22:28
    Paul Blair

No, I have found no solution and am not sure where to look next. I don't know if it's a problem with the hosting environment or with the ClientDependancy framework. The only work around I have is to turn of integrated mode which is a shame.

Sep 01, 2010 @ 22:42
    Daniel Lindstrom

OK, sorry, Full Trust had not been enabled on that site! After it was enabled the install pages works fine.

My mistake, had it enabled on the other subdomain and mixed things up... The Softsys support crew had it enabled in some ten minutes or so after I submitted my support ticket asking them to do so. Fantastic support!

EDIT: Didn't see your reply before I posted this. Thanks for replying! I hope you solve your issue!

Sep 01, 2010 @ 22:59
    Paul Blair

You shouldn't need SofySys to enable full trust. Putting <trust level="Full" /> into the web.config should be sufficient (unless there is something dodgy about this and integrated pipeline?)

Sep 01, 2010 @ 23:05
    Daniel Lindstrom

Hi Paul

Tried that, but got an error indicating that Softsys had disabled overriding the Trust setting in web.config.

If anyone else stumbles on this thread considering Softsys as their host this what I had to do to successfully install 4.5.2 on Softsys without any editing of the webconfig other than the db settings:

1. Change to '.NET 4.0 (Integrated Pipeline)' on the 'Extensions'-tab in WebSitePanel (default was .NET 2)

2. Submit a ticket asking the support crew to enable full trust on that site. (They did this within 10 minutes after my request.)

3. Set the file permission according to the install instructions for Umbraco. I also enabled read/write on the root folder as I recall that was sometimes needed during install for v4. Do not know if that is really needed for v4.5? Anyway, changed it back to read only directly after the install.

BTW, I must be the one poster with the least karma/post ratio... :) I have been away from the umbraco scene since CodeGarden 09, so my posts are almost entirely from before our.umbraco.org and the Karma thing was launched...

Sep 01, 2010 @ 23:35
    Paul Blair

Hi Daniel,

I have just logged a call with SoftSys to see what the story with 4.0 integrated+full trust is.

Cheers

Paul

Sep 02, 2010 @ 01:08
    Paul Blair

here is the reply I got from SoftSys:

Add this command in Web.config for full trust level:-

<location path="yourURL.co.nz" allowOverride="true">
    <system.web>
    <trust level="Full" originUrl="" />
    </system.web>
    </location>

I did this to a site that was running 4.5.1 and still got the same problem. I then upgraded it to 4.5.2 and everything appears to working as expected.

I hope this is the final solution to this issue - thanks Daniel for making me re-think the full trust status

Sep 02, 2010 @ 01:16
    Daniel Lindstrom

Some more info for anyone considering Softsys as host:

OK I just installed a second umbraco 4.5.2 site on Softsys Hosting, and realised one thing:

Make sure you change the .NET version of the site before you upload the umbraco files to the web server. Otherwise you will get an error regarding 'system.web.extensions' on line 154 or 156 or something similar (sorry didn't take a screenshot). 

You select .NET version in the Website Panel admin ui, under web site properties/extensions.  By default it is set to .NET 2. Change to .NET 4.0.

If you upload the umbraco web config before changing to .NET 4, and try to access your site you will get the error mentioned above. These kind of errors is also by design displayed for your information in the web site properties in the Website Panel. The thing is, this error message messes up the tabs in the Website Panel interface, so you cannot change .NET version to remedy the error!

The solution is to comment out the 'system.web.extensions' section of web.config and upload again. Then access your site to reload the app. You will now see an error 'Unrecognized attribute 'targetFramework''. This is expected. Then go back into Website Panel to change .NET version to 4.0. Then reupload web.config with the 'system.web.extensions' uncommented and it will work just fine.

---

As I understand it you got it to work setting Full Trust in web.config? 

Maybe the problem I had with setting Full Trust in web.config was because I tried it before I had set the correct .NET version, as I think I tried that before I changed to .NET 4.0. Or maybe I missed the 'location' part...? Anyway, it is solved now. :)

So far my experience is Softsys works great with umbraco 4.5.2 if you install and configure it properly.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft