Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Remko 118 posts 283 karma points
    Sep 02, 2010 @ 10:57
    Remko

Lucene Error when publishing a page (Method not found: Lucene.Net.Documents.Document.Add)

Hi there,

I just updated my umbraco site from 4.0 to the latest 4.5.2

Everyting went well, except for the implementation of the search functionality.

I am using umbsearch2 to search through pages. Umbsearch2 uses Lucene.Net.dll

The problem is when I'm now publishing a page in the umbraco cms I get the following error:

Method not found: 'Void Lucene.Net.Documents.Document.Add(Lucene.Net.Documents.Field)'..

I tried updating with the latest Lucene dls but the error keeps appearing.

Does anybody here know how to solve this problem?

Thanks in advanced,

Remko

• Tormod Engebu 2 posts 22 karma points
    Sep 03, 2010 @ 11:08
    Tormod Engebu

Having the same issue. Would really appreciate a fix, or info why this appears.

• Ismail Mayat 4511 posts 10090 karma points MVP 2x admin c-trib
    Sep 03, 2010 @ 11:26
    Ismail Mayat

Think umbSearch uses older version of lucene where as latest version of umbraco uses lucene 2.9 hence you get errors.  You have 2 options either pull down umbSearch source and reference latest lucene dlls and update the code.  Or better suggestions though more work make use of Umbraco examine instead.

Regards

Ismail

• Angad Bhat 22 posts 42 karma points
    Oct 12, 2010 @ 18:04
    Angad Bhat

Ismail,

Is it possible to index/search pdf documents using examine. If yes, can you please point to the some examples/setup links?

Thanks in advance

Angad

• Maksim 12 posts 34 karma points
    Dec 21, 2011 @ 11:32
    Maksim

Thank you, Ismail. I had the same issue, refference replacing helped to fix it

• sarah 3 posts 23 karma points
    Mar 01, 2012 @ 16:13
    sarah

Dear Maksim, I'm having the same problem can you provide me with the steps you did since I'm totally new to Umbraco ,thanks in advance

• Maksim 12 posts 34 karma points
    May 14, 2012 @ 14:56
    Maksim

Sarah, sorry for so late reply, below are the steps:

1) Download the source code of umbSearch2

2) Open solution in Visual Studio and open folder "References" in "Solution Explorer"

3) Remove references to old Lucene

4) Copy new Lucene dlls from "/bin" folder of umbraco to "/lib" folder of umbSearch2 solution folder.

5) Open "Solution Explorer" again and add references to copied Lucene dlls.

6) Rebuild solution and copy new UmbSearch2.dll file to bin folder of umbraco.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft