Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Jeroen Breuer 4908 posts 12265 karma points MVP 4x admin c-trib
    Sep 08, 2010 @ 10:29
    Jeroen Breuer

Package DocumentTypes - Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Hello,

I'm trying to install a package which has a few DocumentTypes, but every time I try to install it I get the the following error:

Object reference not set to an instance of an object. 
    Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. 

Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Source Error: 

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.  

Stack Trace: 

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]
       umbraco.cms.businesslogic.packager.Installer.InstallBusinessLogic(Int32 packageId, String tempDir) +4488
       umbraco.presentation.developer.packages.Installer.processInstall(String currentStep) +282
       umbraco.presentation.developer.packages.Installer.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) +548
       System.Web.Util.CalliHelper.EventArgFunctionCaller(IntPtr fp, Object o, Object t, EventArgs e) +14
       System.Web.Util.CalliEventHandlerDelegateProxy.Callback(Object sender, EventArgs e) +35
       System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +91
       umbraco.BasePages.BasePage.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +49
       System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +74
       System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +2207

I don't think it's related to the Master DocumentType bug because the order of the names is already in alphabetical order.
    Any suggestions?
    Jeroen
    Sep 08, 2010 @ 10:31
    Jeroen Breuer

It seems all the DocumentTypes are added to my project and and the package installation worked, but I still get this exception...

Sep 09, 2010 @ 13:15
    Jeroen Breuer

Any idea's?

Oct 06, 2010 @ 13:00
    Jeroen Breuer

Do more people have this exception?

• Howard Dierking 12 posts 32 karma points
    Nov 18, 2010 @ 00:14
    Howard Dierking

I'm getting this error as well - any update on the cause?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft