Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• cchehn 28 posts 69 karma points
    Sep 15, 2010 @ 20:38
    cchehn

Shift+Enter not functioning as expected in TinyMCE

Hi, 

I just upgraded to 4.5.2 on one of my sites and noticed that the RTE TinyMCE v3 is behaving differently from my TinyMCE v3 installed on 4.0.4.2.  On 4.0.4.2 Shift+Enter creates a single <br /> but on 4.5.2 it is creating <br /><br/>.

I installed a fresh copy of 4.5.2 on a new server just to see if I had messed up the upgrade and had the same results. Shift+Enter = <br /><br />

I think this is a bug since the wiki states shift+enter will create a single line break. If I put this in the wrong section I apologize.
    http://our.umbraco.org/wiki/umbraco-help/content/editcontent/rich-text-editor/paragraph-breakline-break

Thanks in advance!

-C.

• Stefan Kip 1614 posts 4131 karma points c-trib
    Sep 15, 2010 @ 21:16
    Stefan Kip

Using 4.5.2 here and with Windows 7 + Firefox it works like it should, Shift + Enter creates a single linebreak <br />

• cchehn 28 posts 69 karma points
    Sep 15, 2010 @ 21:32
    cchehn

Ok, thanks kipusoep. I was using Chrome.  I just checked it in Safari on MAC OSX too.  It must be related to webkit because it acts the same in both shift+enter = <br /><br />.  

IE 8 and FireFox 3.6.9 on a Windows 7 machine are not having the same issue. Funny though shift+enter from Chrome in this forum provides a single line break.

Thanks for the quick response.
    -C.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft