Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• RuneO 36 posts 116 karma points
    Sep 20, 2010 @ 16:04
    RuneO

tinymce3tinymceCompress.aspx base error

Hello,

I don't know if this goes as a real bug or just an inconvenience in the way we use Umbraco.

We run a multidomain Umbraco site running https on all domains. Since SSL certificates are IP dependent, we have setup seperate IP addresses for all domains (on the Internet). In the firewall they are NATed into the same webserver box, on different ports, so we dont need seperate IP addresses in the DMZ as well.

The problem is that TinyMCE doesn't work with this setup.

I have nailed it down to the Javascript that tinymce3tinymceCompress.aspx returns. Here a variable is set where the port number is included:

var tinyMCEPreInit = {
        base: 'https://www.domain.dk:4431/umbraco_client/tinymce3',
        suffix: '_src'
    };

This is run in the client browser which uses standard SSL port 443 to connect to the server - so the browser throws a security exception (not same domain as parent script) each time TinyMCE runs scripts fetched via the base mentioned above (e.g. loading tiny_mce_popup.js when clicking the HTML button).

My suggestion would be to change tinymce3tinymceCompress.aspx so that the base variable is set without the port number - or make an Umbraco config variable telling to include it or not.

I have looked in the source (for v4.5) and the base variable is set with the following code:

new Uri(request.Url, configSection["InstallPath"]).ToString()

It looks like the problem lies in "new Uri" which adds the port number.

What do you think? Should we change our hosting setup, or should it be changed in Umbraco?

Regards,

Rune

• RuneO 36 posts 116 karma points
    Oct 19, 2010 @ 13:48
    RuneO

By the way - we ended up changing the hosting setup, to get the above problem with TinyMCE solved. We set up seperate IP addresses on the webserver, and changed that firewall NATing for each domain.

So now everything in both the DMZ and on the Internet works on port 443 - and now TinyMCE works as intended.

/Rune

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft