Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Kurt Mang 3 posts 23 karma points
    Sep 27, 2010 @ 21:18
    Kurt Mang

Changing or adding RichText property type for Member crashes admin

This is my first Umbraco site, it's been a pleasure. I have a fairly serious bug, however.

In general, adding / changing properties for doc types and member types is error-prone. I have a fairly rich member type that needs a (non-mandatory) field changed from "TExtbox Multiple" to "Richtext editor". This crashes the individual member display forms. I tried a workaround of adding a new Richtext property to the member type - this also crashes the admin forms.

REPRO STEPS:

1. create a ne member type with a Textstrig multiple property

2. Add 2-3 new members and populate this property

3. Change the property to Richtext editor and save.

4. Pull up a member profile - should obser Server Error page displayed where form is usually found.

This also happens with documents, and I fixed it with custom SQL. Members are proving a little tougher to crack.

Hope that's enough to go on ... thanks, and again I really enjoy working on the platform.

Kurt Mang - North Vancouver Canada

• Kate 267 posts 610 karma points
    Oct 20, 2010 @ 11:55
    Kate

Hi Kurt

I have the same problem.

Did you solve it

If you did, how?

Oct 21, 2010 @ 18:02
    Kurt Mang

Hi Kate - sorry, I haven't been able to solve it, mainly because of time constraints ... I believe it involves some "hands-on" SQL manipulation of the cmsPropertyData and cmsPropertyType tables. I was not able to resolve the problem by upgrading to 4.5.2 either. I'm in the nasty position right now of not being able to add to or change any of the member or document properties in my application ... without some serious R&D work anyways :-)

I am very much looking forward to a resolution to this issue, so let's keep each other informed, eh?

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 11x admin c-trib
    Oct 21, 2010 @ 18:56
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Kurt

If you Think this is a bug and want to make sure that the core-team has a look at it, please submit it in the issue tracker on codeplex.com/umbraco - this way other people can vote on it if they experience it too.

So I Will recommend you copy/paste your description in there.

/Jan

• Kate 267 posts 610 karma points
    Oct 21, 2010 @ 19:38
    Kate

Hi Kurt

I found this in codeplex.com http://umbraco.codeplex.com/workitem/29032

Give it a vote and hopefully they will fix it soon :-)

Oct 21, 2010 @ 19:48
    Kurt Mang

Jan / Kate - I voted in CodePlex and added my comments from the OP above. This is IMO a serious flaw so let's hope it gets fixed!

Kurt

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft