Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• João Pereira 41 posts 64 karma points
    Oct 05, 2010 @ 14:43
    João Pereira

Umbraco Admin UI not showing Tree Nodes thumbnail

Hi there,

When installing an Umbraco site, I changed my umbraco admin url from '/umbraco/' to '/myadminurl/', even before I went through the install process.

Just like it's documented, I changed in the web.config the keys 'umbracoReservedPaths' and 'umbracoPath' to match my new admin url.

Installed and everything is working fine, except for one thing: All the nodes in the trees in all sections aren't showing any thumbnails. There used to be a win folder thumb before each tree node, but now it's just empty, except for the 'packages' node in the developer section, and for the recycle bin thumb.

Am I missing anything else I should had changed?

Thanks!

• Lee Kelleher 4020 posts 15802 karma points MVP 13x admin c-trib
    Oct 05, 2010 @ 20:26
    Lee Kelleher

Hi João,

I've just taken a look at the CSS for the Umbraco back-office.  It looks like the image reference for the tree icons are hard-coded to use the "/umbraco" path.

If you need the icons to display - you have 2 options.

1. Manually create the path to the image? The CSS is specifically looking for...

/umbraco/images/umbraco/sprites.png

2. Change the reference in the CSS, (rule for ".tree.tree-umbraco li a") ...

/umbraco_client/Tree/Themes/umbraco/style.css

Good luck!

Cheers, Lee

Oct 05, 2010 @ 23:14
    João Pereira

Hi Lee,

Thanks for your answer!

I edited the hard-coded reference in the css and now the admin UI is fully featured again! :)

Thanks a lot! ;)

Cheers, João

Oct 21, 2010 @ 00:59
    João Pereira

Hi Lee again,

Sorry to bother you again, but I believe this is one more stupid thing...

After changing the admin UI Url from Umbraco to another name, the MasterPage save option and XSLT edit save option stopped working...

I only noticed now, because I manually copied all that was needed from the local dev test website to the production, and only now needed to change a few things...

The error I get is similiar in both, but in different files:

When trying to save a MasterPage I get this error:

Line: 10
    Char: 13
    Code: 0
    URI: http://www.mywebsite.com/adminurl/settings/editTemplate.aspx?templateID=1047

When trying to save a XSLT I get this error:

Line: 38
    Char: 13
    Code: 0
    URI: http://www.mywebsite.com/adminurl/developer/xslt/editXslt.aspx?file=BlogListPosts.xslt

The referred lines are javascript code that start with: umbraco.presentation.webservices.codeEditorSave.SaveXslt(...)

Both pages have this on Page definition in aspx header: Inherits="umbraco.cms.presentation.settings.editTemplate" 

Am I missing something? Thanks!

• Paul A 133 posts 368 karma points
    Jan 18, 2011 @ 18:03
    Paul A

Hi,

Did you find a solution to the 'umbraco is undefined' problem? I can't save xslt or templates.

Windows 2008, IIS7, upgrade from 4.0.2 to 4.5.2. Everything else (I think) working fine. Have tried various app pool things, file permissions etc etc.

Thanks for any help,

• Daniel Bardi 927 posts 2562 karma points
    Jan 18, 2011 @ 18:41
    Daniel Bardi

Thi s can be resolved by adding the following to UrlRewriting.config.

<add name="renamedadmin" virtualUrl="^~/umbraco/(.*)" rewriteUrlParameter="ExcludeFromClientQueryString" destinationUrl="~/admin/$1" ignoreCase="true" />

Change ~/admin to your new folder name

Be aware that some packages will break during installation since they reference the ~/umbraco folder specifically.

You could also keep the folder as /umbraco and simply add the following line to the UrlRewriting.config

<add name="renamedadmin" virtualUrl="^~/admin/(.*)" rewriteUrlParameter="ExcludeFromClientQueryString" destinationUrl="~/umbraco/$1" ignoreCase="true" />

Jan 18, 2011 @ 23:52
    João Pereira

Hi Paul,

Don't know if Daniel solution works, but for me, after tried almost everything, ended up doing a clean umbraco install, configured exactly the same and got no problems.

Seems like umbraco messed up things a little bit on the process...

Hope you can help the clean install.

Cheers!

• Fabio Blardone 79 posts 98 karma points
    Jan 27, 2011 @ 11:30
    Fabio Blardone

Hello,

I tryed to install umbraco 4.5.2 .net 3.5 on windows server 2008 r2 whith IIS 7.0 and .net 3.5.

No problem with the manual installation but in back-end umbraco not show the packages tree ...

Anyone please help me!

Thanks

Fabio

Jan 27, 2011 @ 14:27
    João Pereira

When you say manual, did you check folder permissions?

Check this Matt Brailsford blog post to see if it helps:

If the problem persists, why don't you try the Microsoft Web Platform installer?

Cheers!

• Paul A 133 posts 368 karma points
    Feb 03, 2011 @ 18:14
    Paul A

Got sidetracked on other stuff...

Thanks Daniel, your solution worked perfectly... And I'll also be using the URL rewrite for admin folder thing on another site. Cheers!

Feb 03, 2011 @ 18:44
    Daniel Bardi

Glad to here everything is working for you.. Glad I could assist.

Don't forget to make my previous comment as your solution in order help others.

• Adrian Alexa 50 posts 100 karma points
    Jul 26, 2012 @ 15:56
    Adrian Alexa

Daniel's solution looks nice, however I can manage to make it work.

After I have been working on project client said must rename umbraco to admin.

I inserted this in UrlRewriting.config

<add name="renamedadmin" virtualUrl="^~/umbraco/(.*)" rewriteUrlParameter="ExcludeFromClientQueryString" destinationUrl="~/admin/$1" ignoreCase="true" />
            <add name="renamedadmin" virtualUrl="^~/admin/(.*)" rewriteUrlParameter="ExcludeFromClientQueryString" destinationUrl="~/umbraco/$1" ignoreCase="true" />

Now, when I go to my admin page, http://192.168.206.117/admin/ -> says

Page not found
    No umbraco document matches the url 'http://192.168.206.117/umbraco/'

umbraco tried this to match it using this xpath query'/root/* [@urlName = "umbraco"] | /root/*/* [@urlName = "umbraco"]')

This page can be replaced with a custom 404 page by adding the id of the umbraco document to show as 404 page in the /config/umbracoSettings.config file. Just add the id to the '/settings/content/errors/error404' element.

For more information, visit information about custom 404 on the umbraco website.

This page is intentionally left ugly ;-)

Which are the steps?

Jul 26, 2012 @ 22:17
    Daniel Bardi

Pick one or the other for the urlrewriting, not both.

If you name the folder /admin use the first rewrite. (will brake some packages)
    If you keep the folder /umbraco use the second rewrite. (recommended)

Jul 27, 2012 @ 08:11
    Adrian Alexa

Thanks Daniel, that solved my issue. I first begun to rename all over umbraco to admin, and tree wasn't loading in content tab. Was a total mass. Your solution is easy. Regards.

Jul 27, 2012 @ 08:42
    Adrian Alexa

Daniel, I wonder now how can I do that when I access mysite/umbraco/ to redirect/rewrite url  at mysite/admin/. Because now I see that I can still access it even as before (sitename/Umbraco/) I also noticed that when I go to sitename/admin/ and I am not logged it show in address bar sitename/umbraco/login...

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft