Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Roger Swearingen 28 posts 49 karma points
    Oct 11, 2010 @ 18:28
    Roger Swearingen

4.5.2 RichText Editor Not Displaying Property Name

If I add a RichText Editor property to my doctype, the title is not displayed when browsing nodes in the Content tree.  All it shows is a text area, with no way to identify it. This is a problem when there are multiple RichText Editors in one doctype.

Notice how the textstring below shows a title to identify it, but the richtext editor on top displays nothing:

Any ideas how to fix this?  Thanks.

• Rich Green 2246 posts 4008 karma points
    Oct 11, 2010 @ 19:33
    Rich Green

Sorry I can't help you fix your problem but for your reference there should be no problem having multiple RTE's per doc type, even on the same tab.

Rich

• Kim Andersen 1447 posts 2196 karma points MVP
    Oct 11, 2010 @ 19:40
    Kim Andersen

Is the title/description vissible if you have just one RTE on your dec type?

If it's still not there, could you check the RTE data type in the develeoper section? In here there shoud be a mark in the "Show label" property.

/Kim A

Oct 11, 2010 @ 21:59
    Roger Swearingen

@Rich:  I am aware that I can have multiple RTE's on the same tab.  The reason I say it is an issue is that if they are not labeled, then there is no way to distinguish between them when they are all empty.

@Kim Andersen:  Thanks, but yes the show label property is checked.  Maybe I will try creating a new data type and see if it shows up.

Thanks for your responses.

• Johan Roug 97 posts 153 karma points
    Oct 11, 2010 @ 22:25
    Johan Roug
  • Kim Andersen 1447 posts 2196 karma points MVP
    Oct 11, 2010 @ 22:30
    Kim Andersen

Hmm....that sounds weird. I can have more than one Richtext Editor on the same tab, and all of them have their title and description shown.

Could you maybe try creating a new data type using the same rendering control as the Richtext Editor? And then put the original RTE on a document type and also put the new "copy" data type on the same doc type (and tab). Just an idea, haven't tried it though...

/Kim A

Oct 13, 2010 @ 01:16
    Roger Swearingen

Thanks for all your help guys.  Recreating the data type worked.

I am wondering if it has anything to do with the other issue I am experiencing with this install:

http://our.umbraco.org/forum/ourumb-dev-forum/bugs/13216-452-Script-Error-when-Editing-Doc-Types-(IE8-and-FF368)

I have multiple instances on this server and this seems to be the only one having issues.

Thanks.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft