Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Emmanuel Bellas 6 posts 26 karma points
    Oct 29, 2010 @ 06:17
    Emmanuel Bellas

Disable administrator user

Version 4.5.1 - Is this a bug, or am I missing something here?

When logged in as an administrator, I am able to go to the user edit screen and click either the "disable user" or "disable umbraco access" boxes, thus locking myself out of Umbraco.  Is this intended functionality?

Also, when I right click on other users and click "disable user" - they disappear from the list.  When I try to add another user with the same name it does not do anything (no message to tell me what is happening or not happening).

• Emmanuel Bellas 6 posts 26 karma points
    Nov 02, 2010 @ 00:35
    Emmanuel Bellas

So, no one has come across this?

• Chriztian Steinmeier 2798 posts 8788 karma points MVP 7x admin c-trib
    Nov 06, 2014 @ 11:50
    Chriztian Steinmeier

Ha - I actually did this today because I got too "automated" in my typing and clicking...

I filed a bug on the Issue Tracker so we can (hopefully) get this fixed someday.

/Chriztian

• Steve Fritsche 4 posts 24 karma points
    Dec 19, 2014 @ 16:44
    Steve Fritsche

I did this as well.  Can you suggest how to restore access to Umbraco for the the admin user?  The admin user does not appear in the user list for my own actual user account.

Thanks.

• Chriztian Steinmeier 2798 posts 8788 karma points MVP 7x admin c-trib
    Dec 19, 2014 @ 16:52
    Chriztian Steinmeier

Hi Steve - welcome to Our!

I'm sorry, but I'm pretty sure the only option is to get access to the database;

There's a table with all the users which holds the "access" field - and then it's just a matter of flipping the bit back to zero :-)

/Chriztian

• Steve Fritsche 4 posts 24 karma points
    Dec 19, 2014 @ 17:05
    Steve Fritsche

Thanks for the reply.  I thought that would be the case, and that is what I tried.  It did not solve the access problem at first, but eventually I found that access had been restored.  There may have been something buffered.  Thank you.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft