Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• organic 108 posts 157 karma points
    Nov 09, 2010 @ 01:06
    organic

date picker not rendering in 4.5.2

I just upgraded from 4.0.4.2 to 4.5.2 and the date picker is not showing in the admin for my own content properties or for the built in Umbraco "Publish At/Remove At" properties.  I've compared HTML from the two versions in Firebug and the relevant HTML is missing in 4.5.2.  It just shows the HTML input field and then "No Date Chosen", there is no image(or "Clear Date") for the calendar and so nothing to click to pop up the calendar. In Umbraco_4.5.2\umbraco_client\datepicker there are no scripts, just /aqua and /images folder.  I tried copying over the scripts from Umbraco_4.0.4.2\umbraco_client\datepicker but that did not help.

• Aaron Powell 1708 posts 3046 karma points c-trib
    Nov 09, 2010 @ 02:35
    Aaron Powell

Are you getting any JavaScript errors on the page?

The calendar control did change from the AjaxControlToolkit to jQuery UI

Nov 09, 2010 @ 17:18
    organic

Yes, but I still can't fix it.  If I open Firebug when I load the page I get several date picker js errors like:

$.datepicker is undefined

This looks to be in the DependencyHandler.axd.

OK, so jqueryui.js is where the datepicker is defined.  In relation to my recent post about jquery, http://our.umbraco.org/forum/getting-started/installing-umbraco/14136-wrong-jqueryjs-in-452-download

I was switching the jquery.js and jqueryui.js libraries around from 4.0.4.2 to 4.5.2 so this is probably my problem.  I had already switched back to the correct jquery.js but I just now switched jqueryui.js back to the one in the 4.5.2 version. I'm CTRL+F5 refreshing and I'm still not seeing the datepicker.  Getting the same script errors.  The datepicker is not working on a 'fresh' computer either, so I don't think it's a caching problem.

If I copy in the /umbraco_client/ui folder from a clean 4.5.2 download, I still can't get the datepicker to render. Is there another jqueryui control being used in 4.5.2 that I can test?

• Aaron Powell 1708 posts 3046 karma points c-trib
    Nov 10, 2010 @ 03:15
    Aaron Powell

Sorting pages (Right click -> Sort) and sorting doc type properties both use the jQuery UI sortable plugin IIRC.

The DependencyHandler.axd is part of ClientDependency (http://clientdependency.codeplex.com) and there is doco on there to help diagnose problems with it.

Nov 10, 2010 @ 19:11
    organic

Thanks. I can confirm that none of the three jqueryui features you mention above are working for me. I did a test on a clean install from WPI with the same results.  All three features don't work. Only the datepicker seems to throw errors in Firebug, though.  Considering my test results, I'm very surprised not to hear anyone else having this problem. Can you confirm that jqueryui.js is included in the ClientDependency code/markup/attribute in the Umbraco code?

When running the clean install, I got this error http://our.umbraco.org/forum/getting-started/installing-umbraco/13014-MicrosoftScriptingExtensionAttribute-missing

I added a reply to it.  Might that be related?  I will look into the ClientDependency now.

Getting closer to a solution. Per the ClientDependency documentation, setting makes the datetimepicker show up. So the problem is probably related to script "combining, caching, compressing, rogue script detection, etc... !!".

Solved! I bumped up the version in /config/ClientDependency.config which forces the server-side .js cache to refresh, I think, and now it works, even with debug=false!

• James Ward 8 posts 28 karma points
    Dec 13, 2010 @ 02:04
    James Ward

Sorry, what changes did you make to ClientDependancy.config specifically?

I have the same issue at the moment not sure what to change in that config to try and solve it.

Thanks.
    J.

Dec 13, 2010 @ 18:01
    organic

I changed this value from 1 to 2.

<clientDependency version="2">

Read these comments from the top of the config file...

NOTES:
    * A new version will invalidate both client and server cache and create new persisted files
    -->

• James Ward 8 posts 28 karma points
    Dec 13, 2010 @ 23:25
    James Ward

Hmm, I tried 2 first thing but it didn't resolve, not to worry I'll continue investigating. Thanks for the response nevertheless :D

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft