Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Court Borgman 12 posts 32 karma points
    Dec 14, 2010 @ 15:14
    Court Borgman

Site published now Content nodes load slow

I have been building a site using 4.5 on our companies dev server.  I then got a test url on a different server so I copied the files over to the new directory, created a backup of the database and loaded the backup onto the new server.

Initially it didnt work at all but after a little finagling and publishing the entire site in umbraco the pages loaded great.  I logged in and things seemd a little slow but at least seemed to be working.  I created a user account for my boss to look around in umbraco and he couldn't get any content nodes to load.  The admin account worked slow but it worked.  I logged out and tried my account and I had the same problem.  Eventually I could get most of the nodes to load very slowly but I can't get the homepage node to load at all.  I eventually get an HttpException (0x80004005) in the right pane.  I have been trying to figure this one out to no avail.

As far as I can tell the database was created correctly, all tables, data, indexes, keys, and contsrtains are identical.  I am really at a complete loss and really dont know how to even debug this.  This is the first time I've used umbraco and while I have a pretty good feel of how to use it, I dont have a massive indepth knowledge of it.  Any help you could give would be well...  helpful.  Thanks.

Dec 14, 2010 @ 17:19
    Court Borgman

I tried to edit and add this but I kept getting an xslt error.  This infromation might be helpful as well.

It only happens with the content nodes.  All of the other nodes (i.e. Settings, Developer... ) work fine.  Everything saves and publishes fine as well, though the content nodes take quite a while to do that as well.

Dec 15, 2010 @ 14:21
    Court Borgman

Ok, figured this one out.  It is a bug that has something to do with macros in the richtext editor.  My dev server has access to the outside world where as my production server does not which also means that it cant find itself through its public ip or ther server name.  I changed the richtext editor to a customized macro container and what do you know.  All content nodes once again load instantly.  The only problem with this is if the content creators decide to change the content at anytime I have to go in and change how the page is setup for them.  Does anyone know if a fix for this is in the works for 4.5.3 (im am on 4.5.2)?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft