Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• trfletch 598 posts 604 karma points
    Dec 15, 2010 @ 13:14
    trfletch

Multiple controls with the same ID '1_a' were found. FindControl requires that controls have unique IDs

Hi,

I have an Umbraco 4.5.1 website and I am getting the following error when I try to make changes to the permissions on a node:

Multiple controls with the same ID '1_a' were found. FindControl requires that controls have unique IDs.

I remember having something like this before and it was because of the Google Analytics package, well this package was installed before upgrading to 4.5.1 but I have since deleted the DLL's associated with it which I though resolved the issue before. Does anyone know what else it could be or what I can do to fix it?

• Thomas Stock 40 posts 70 karma points
    Dec 15, 2010 @ 13:51
    Thomas Stock

Did you manually upgrade this website to .NET 4.0?

If so, check if <pages clientIDMode="AutoID"> is set to AutoId.

Dec 15, 2010 @ 13:56
    trfletch

Hi,

Thanks for the response, where do I find that value?

• Thomas Stock 40 posts 70 karma points
    Dec 15, 2010 @ 13:58
    Thomas Stock

Do a ctrl+f on "<pages" in the web.config file.

Dec 15, 2010 @ 14:21
    trfletch

Thanks again for the response, I have now added what you said to the pages section so it now looks as follows but this does not appear to have made any difference:

<pages enableEventValidation="false" clientIDMode="AutoID">

• Fabio Milheiro 74 posts 136 karma points
    Sep 27, 2012 @ 12:49
    Fabio Milheiro

Hi trfletch, did you solve this? I had this problem tomorrow. Restarted the computer and it worked, but I don't think doing this everyday is an option.

Thanks,

Fabio

• Murray Roke 503 posts 966 karma points c-trib
    Oct 23, 2012 @ 00:46
    Murray Roke

If you see this when editing a node in the BackOffice, here's some things to try.

• Check you don't have 2 properties with the same name (in either that doctype or an inherited doctype)
    • I also found that one time I had this error I edited the affected doctype, added and removed a bogus property, and this fixed the issue. 
Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft