Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Stief Dirckx 43 posts 76 karma points
    Jan 02, 2011 @ 15:11
    Stief Dirckx

Juno personal site starter kit: js errors

I installed a clean Umbraco 4.6 instance and I selected the personal site starter kit with the green theme from Designit. But when I run the site and look at a photo album, the lightbox doesn't work.

It looks like the '/scripts/runway.gallery.js' file is missing and I also get a javascript error on line 49 in the '/scripts/Designit_Green/Designit_Green.js' file.

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Jan 02, 2011 @ 15:21
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Stief

Have you installed it on a MSSQL database or using the CE SQL database?

I don't know if this can be the cause of the issue but I know that there have been a couple of bugs with using the CE SQL database.

EDIT: And have you perhaps tried getting the files from the latest changeset to see if it solves anything? http://umbraco.codeplex.com/SourceControl/list/changesets

/Jan

Jan 02, 2011 @ 15:56
    Stief Dirckx

Hi Jan

I installed it on the Express edition of MSSQL, so not on CE.

I downloaded and compiled the latest changeset from the 4.6.0 branch but I don't know how to get that code running. I'm not used to getting the source code directly from the CodePlex repository. If you can point me into the right direction that would be nice, I would like to know this so I can get involved more on the Umbraco development.

• Bo Kingo Damgaard 157 posts 456 karma points
    Jan 02, 2011 @ 16:33
    Bo Kingo Damgaard

Hi Stief

Try a nightly build at http://nightly.umbraco.org/umbraco%204.6/4.6%20Alpha/. It's compiled for you :)

Jan 02, 2011 @ 17:12
    Stief Dirckx

Hi

I downloaded and installed the latest nightly build from December 27 but the same errors still occurred. The image below shows the console window form Chrome. Couldn't the error be in the installed packages from the starter kit or skin itself?

• Comment author was deleted

Jan 03, 2011 @ 10:22

Indeed, starter kits and skins aren't part of the core, they are installed from a repo, will check the error, thanks for reporting!

• sun 403 posts 395 karma points
    Jan 03, 2011 @ 13:37
    sun

If you skip steps of installing starter kits and skins when you install umbraco 4.6 beta, you will can't install starter kits and skins from repo, or you will see some error pages when you install them from repo.

Other, I think install folder in root must can be deleted after install finished. before 4.6, this can be done, but in umbraco 4.6 beta, I can't delete install folder because I need some files when I want to install starter kits or skins from repo. I think some one maybe can reinstall Umbraco if I won't delete install folder, Will  this make some secure problems?

Thanks for your work. 

One question: When will Umbraco 4.6 be released?

• Niels Hartvig 1951 posts 2391 karma points c-trib
    Jan 03, 2011 @ 13:55
    Niels Hartvig

Umbraco 4.6 will be released in January

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft