Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Vladimir Dobrov 45 posts 167 karma points
    Jan 05, 2011 @ 00:34
    Vladimir Dobrov

All nodes suddenly disappeared in backend!

Hi all!

I'm using Umbraco 4.5.2. A week ago I deployed my site on hosting. Everything worked fine but today when I logged into the backend I've found that every section (Content, Media, Users, etc.)  is empty and doesn't display anything! There are no nodes. Front-end works perfectly but I can't do anything in the backend.

I searched the forum but haven't found any suiteable solution.

It also seems that log record is not full and looks like this:

At /umbraco/webservices/TreeClientService.asmx/GetInitAppTreeData (Referred by: http://www.nakatke.by/umbraco/):

And that's it! Nothing after ":" symbol!

The permissions on all site folders are set as FULL for Network Service. One of the solutions mentioned in other threads is to give full access for Network service on C:\Windows\Temp folder. But I don't have access on windows temp folder because of hosting provider policies.

Any ideas?!

• bob baty-barr 1180 posts 1294 karma points MVP
    Jan 05, 2011 @ 03:04
    bob baty-barr

i had similar issues the other day... is your c: drive full? that is what happened to me...

• Rich Green 2246 posts 4008 karma points
    Jan 05, 2011 @ 09:59
    Rich Green

Are you using Plesk at all? Sounds like a permissions issue to me, plesk has a nasty habit of resetting permissions for fun.

Jan 05, 2011 @ 10:21
    Vladimir Dobrov

I don't have Plesk. My provider has a DotNetPanel. I can only set permissions on my site folders. I cannot even check if there any free space on C drive.

Jan 05, 2011 @ 13:00
    Vladimir Dobrov

Nobody knows how to solve this issue? That's really strange...

Jan 05, 2011 @ 15:51
    Vladimir Dobrov

It's also strange that everything worked fine for several days! But now it doesn't.

Jan 05, 2011 @ 15:56
    bob baty-barr

that's why i am pretty sure the c: drive is full... can you contact the hosting service provider??

Jan 05, 2011 @ 20:57
    Vladimir Dobrov

I contacted hosting provider. C: drive has a lot of free space...

Jan 06, 2011 @ 01:16
    Vladimir Dobrov

The problem was in URL Rewrite module of IIS that was installed by my hosting provider.

This module adds mapping of "*" requests to aspnet_isapi.dll. That causes "The HTTP verb POST used to access path ‘[my web service's URL]‘ is not allowed" exception when you try to call webservice via AJAX. I eliminated the problem by removing the mapping of ‘*’ to aspnet_isapi.dll in my IIS settings.

Jan 06, 2011 @ 01:18
    Vladimir Dobrov

BTW to see the exception message I had to change umbraco code that writes exceptions into log.

• Jeff Kwong 31 posts 51 karma points
    Jan 13, 2011 @ 07:19
    Jeff Kwong

I'm having the same exact problem!  It's been working fine for a few weeks then poof!  Gone!  Vladimir, are you using Softsys Hosting by chance?

Jan 13, 2011 @ 10:03
    Vladimir Dobrov

I'm not using Softsys =(

Please check the Log for a detailed exception. In my case it was “The HTTP verb POST used to access path ‘[my web service's URL]‘ is not allowed”.

• Mayur 1 post 21 karma points
    Jan 15, 2011 @ 22:28
    Mayur

I was also faced same issue. I was removed "*" handler in my website and issue was resolved.

This module adds mapping of "*" requests to aspnet_isapi.dll.

• Zac 239 posts 541 karma points
    Feb 04, 2011 @ 23:23
    Zac

Hi Mayur,

I'm having this same issue and am also on SoftSys.  How did you fix this?  Where did you "removed "*" handler in my website"?

Thanks for any help!

Feb 05, 2011 @ 01:04
    bob baty-barr

i actually think it is due to a bug in web hoting panel [formerly dotnetpanel] that happens when you add a mime type, or change app pools via the control panel.

i just replaced with a known working web.config and all was fine.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft