Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Brendan Rice 538 posts 1100 karma points
    Jan 17, 2011 @ 01:11
    Brendan Rice

4.6.1 - Error Installing Blog Starter Kit

I done a site upgrade from 4.5.2 to 4.6.1 and as far as I can tell everything is configured as it should be and the site works as expected (so far).

I had the Blog4Umbraco package installed on my old site but I wanted to upgrade to the blog starter kit. I went to Developer > Install Starter Kit > Click on Blog and get the following error.

What is in the starter kit, is it as I suspect basically an updated version of Blog4Umbraco and what is the best way for me to upgrade my currect Blog4Umbraco blog inside my new 4.6.1 install?

Any help with this would be really appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Server Error in '/' Application.

An item with the same key has already been added.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.ArgumentException: An item with the same key has already been added.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[ArgumentException: An item with the same key has already been added.]
    System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.Insert(TKey key, TValue value, Boolean add) +12673712
    umbraco.cms.businesslogic.packager.Installer.LoadConfig(String tempDir) +1747
    umbraco.presentation.install.steps.Skinning.loadStarterKits.SelectStarterKit(Object sender, EventArgs e) +304
    System.Web.UI.WebControls.LinkButton.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +155
    System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +3691
  • Ulu Honolulu 32 posts 61 karma points
    Jan 23, 2011 @ 16:11
    Ulu Honolulu

Are there any other blogs that are 4.6 compatible?

Jan 24, 2011 @ 11:53
    Brendan Rice

Don't know I am going to stick with 5.4.2 as I need the blog to work. I fyou find anything pleas let me know.

Feb 08, 2011 @ 12:31
    Brendan Rice

Has anyone came across this?

• Ulu Honolulu 32 posts 61 karma points
    Feb 08, 2011 @ 12:47
    Ulu Honolulu

I ended using the built-in blog from the starter kit, but then I wasn't upgrading, just installing from scratch. I had to fix a few lines in order to make it work though.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft