Press Ctrl / CMD + C to copy this to your clipboard.
This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at
I imagine this is more of a .Net problem rather than Umbraco but I have found that the following assemblies randomly get deleted from the 'bin' folder and I keep having to restore them because it breaks Umbraco.
bin\Microsoft.Scripting.dllbin\MySql.Data.dll bin\Microsoft.ApplicationBlocks.Data.dll bin\TidyNet.dll bin\umbraco.dll bin\CookComputing.XmlRpcV2.dll bin\Lucene.Net.dll bin\umbraco.providers.dll bin\ClientDependency.Core.dll bin\umbraco.DataLayer.dll bin\Microsoft.Scripting.Core.dll
Now this seems to happen randomly when I compile a new assembly to the 'bin' folder.It has happened once when I compiled a .Net web user control for a macro and also when I compiled a data editor (data type) control I was building.
I would say that I've always been logged into the Umbraco editor at the same time as well as having one of the site's pages loaded too.
I use Cassini via UltiDev to run it all.
I just wondered if anyone else is experiencing this problem?
I'm just wondering if you're using xcopy or something to update the bin folder, that maybe is configured so that it deletes assemblies on the build?
Can you tell us more about your dev setup perhaps?
No I'm not using Xcopy. I've created a Visual Studio project based around the Umbraco directory structure so the 'bin' folder for my solution is the Umbraco 'bin' folder.
I create my user controls within the project in the Umbraco 'usercontrols' folder and when I compile them the DLL is built directly in the Umbraco 'bin' folder.
I hope that makes sense.
I then just run the Umbraco editor or the website using the built in Cassini webserver engine with Ultidev.
I have exactly the same issue, did you ever find out what the issue is, it's driving me mad!
No I don't know exactly what causes it but it's not the Ultidev tool I referred to before.I'm not using that anymore since I moved to Windows 7 but on the odd occasion it will still happen.
I'm sure compiling my assemblies directly into the bin folder of the running site has something to do with it and it would be fixed if I seperated the environments.
If you use source control like I do then it's pretty easy to put the dlls back in place.
I found out what does it today when I accidentally clicked on 'Rebuild' for the VS project instead of 'Build'.
Rebuild will clear out the bin folder of any assemblies it doesn't think it needs. Hehe.
Thanks for the info Matt, will remember that, guess marking them as read-only will stop VS deleting them! Thanks again
I've made a folder called umbraco_library (any name will do) in my Visual Studio project, and copied all original Umbraco dll's into this folder. All required references to Umbraco dll's (businesslogic, cms, controls, interfaces etc.) are made to the dll's in this folder. Even when I manually remove a dll from the bin folder, the dll is placed back into the bin folder upon build.
Now that I'm using bitbucket for mercurial source control hosting (free for a single user) I can easily one click the files back to how they should be. :-)
is working on a reply...
Write your reply to:
Image will be uploaded when post is submitted