Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Josh Reid 182 posts 258 karma points
    Feb 03, 2011 @ 01:31
    Josh Reid

MySQL max_user_connections error editing macro 4.5.2

Hi there

Umbraco 4.5.2 .NET 3.5 Release on IIS6 + MySQL

I have got this error when trying to save a macro with a change to an existing property name.

I have tried creating and re-saving a datatype with changes and that works fine and when I come back to the macro and try to resave the property name, it once again errors, with the following error... I continued to hit the db like this in other places (all working fine) to confirm this particular issue until on this error brought the whole site down - and I couldn't even login to the Umbraco backend. After a few mins the DB obviously reset and I could login again, only to find the same issue immediately...

Server Error in '/' Application.

User dbUserName already has more than 'max_user_connections' active connections

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlException: User hsgdb already has more than 'max_user_connections' active connections

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[MySqlException (0x80004005): User hsgdb already has more than 'max_user_connections' active connections]
    MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlStream.OpenPacket() +238
    MySql.Data.MySqlClient.NativeDriver.Authenticate411() +124
    MySql.Data.MySqlClient.NativeDriver.Authenticate() +65
    MySql.Data.MySqlClient.NativeDriver.Open() +968
    MySql.Data.MySqlClient.Driver.Create(MySqlConnectionStringBuilder settings) +47
    MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlPool.GetPooledConnection() +23
    MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlPool.GetConnection() +76
    MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlConnection.Open() +185
    MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlHelper.ExecuteReader(String connectionString, String commandText, MySqlParameter[] commandParameters) +65
    umbraco.DataLayer.SqlHelpers.MySql.MySqlHelper.ExecuteReader(String commandText, MySqlParameter[] parameters) +58
    umbraco.DataLayer.SqlHelper`1.ExecuteReader(String commandText, IParameter[] parameters) +141

[SqlHelperException: Umbraco Exception (DataLayer): SQL helper exception in ExecuteReader]
    umbraco.DataLayer.SqlHelper`1.ExecuteReader(String commandText, IParameter[] parameters) +223
    umbraco.cms.businesslogic.macro.Macro.setup() +212
    umbraco.cms.businesslogic.macro.Macro..ctor(Int32 Id) +60
    umbraco.cms.businesslogic.macro.MacroProperty.setup() +322
    umbraco.cms.businesslogic.macro.MacroProperty..ctor(Int32 Id) +53
    umbraco.cms.presentation.developer.editMacro.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) +4602
    System.Web.Util.CalliHelper.EventArgFunctionCaller(IntPtr fp, Object o, Object t, EventArgs e) +14
    System.Web.Util.CalliEventHandlerDelegateProxy.Callback(Object sender, EventArgs e) +35
    System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +99
    umbraco.BasePages.BasePage.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +49
    System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +50
    System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +627

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.3615; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.3618

---------------------------------

Also Error in UmbracoLog table:

At /umbraco/developer/macros/editMacro.aspx?macroID=21 (Referred by: http://highsugargrass.co.nz.win.mydns.net.nz/umbraco/developer/macros/editMacro.aspx?macroID=21): umbraco.DataLayer.SqlHelperException: Umbraco Exception (DataLayer): SQL helper exception in ExecuteReader ---> MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlException: User dbUserName already has more than 'max_user_connections' active connections
       at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlStream.OpenPacket()
       at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.NativeDriver.Authenticate411()
       at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.NativeDriver.Authenticate()
       at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.NativeDriver.Open()
       at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.Driver.Create(MySqlConnectionStringBuilder settings)
       at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlPool.GetPooledConnection()
       at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlPool.GetConnection()
       at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlConnection.Open()
       at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlHelper.ExecuteReader(String connectionString, String commandText, MySqlParameter[] commandParameters)
       at umbraco.DataLayer.SqlHelpers.MySql.MySqlHelper.ExecuteReader(String commandText, MySqlParameter[] parameters)
       at umbraco.DataLayer.SqlHelper`1.ExecuteReader(String commandText, IParameter[] parameters)
       --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
       at umbraco.DataLayer.SqlHelper`1.ExecuteReader(String commandText, IParameter[] parameters)
       at umbraco.cms.businesslogic.macro.Macro.setup()
       at umbraco.cms.businesslogic.macro.Macro..ctor(Int32 Id)
       at umbraco.cms.businesslogic.macro.MacroProperty.setup()
       at umbraco.cms.businesslogic.macro.MacroProperty..ctor(Int32 Id)
       at umbraco.cms.presentation.developer.editMacro.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
       at System.Web.Util.CalliHelper.EventArgFunctionCaller(IntPtr fp, Object o, Object t, EventArgs e)
       at System.Web.Util.CalliEventHandlerDelegateProxy.Callback(Object sender, EventArgs e)
       at System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
       at umbraco.BasePages.BasePage.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
       at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive()
       at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

------------------------------------

Any thoughts much appreciated.

Thanks
    Josh

• Richard Soeteman 4035 posts 12842 karma points MVP
    Feb 03, 2011 @ 12:27
    Richard Soeteman

Hi Josh,

There was a bug with macro container in 4.5.2. It executed many a few thousand queries so your issue is probably related. Upgrading to 4.6.1 an option?

Cheers,

Richard

Feb 09, 2011 @ 01:48
    Josh Reid

Hi Richard, thanks so much for the answer!

No unfortunately I am limited to .Net 3.5 atm... Am hanging out for all the latest fixes to be ported back for a 4.5.3 upgrade, as indicated by Peter here:
    http://our.umbraco.org/forum/core/general/17152-Umbraco-461-for-Net-35?p=0#comment64306

Cheers
    Josh

• Jan Kees Velthoven 25 posts 46 karma points
    May 04, 2011 @ 09:29
    Jan Kees Velthoven

Have this problem too. I like the macro container very much and I'm running Umbraco 4.5.2. I will try tu upgrade to the latest version this evening. I'll keep you posted.

Cheers,

Jan Kees

• Jan Kees Velthoven 25 posts 46 karma points
    May 04, 2011 @ 21:07
    Jan Kees Velthoven

Does the trick. I've got four connections open now when using the Macro Container datatype. Works great.

Cheers,

Jan Kees

Feb 09, 2014 @ 21:36
    Josh Reid

This is mental I have just lately upgraded an old 4.0.3 site (using MySQL) through to 4.11.10 and this error still exists.

Macro's are unusable in the back-office. Am I able to resolve this?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft