Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Daniel Lindstrom 454 posts 271 karma points
    Feb 21, 2011 @ 02:13
    Daniel Lindstrom

CDATA in template breaks package v4.6.1

Hi

If you includa a template with the following code it seems to break the publish package function. The logs says something about CDATA not being allowed.

The worst thing was that the behaviour was somewhat unpredictable. I had a list of ten or so templates to include. If the one containing this code was included it first did not work, but unchecking, saving, publishing and the re-checking a few times then the publish seemed to work. However upon installing the package at another site not all templates were included including some that did not contain this code. I presume these were to be added after the template with the CDATA code.

I tested this a few times, same result everytime - including the publishing seemingly working after a few random tries but then failing on install. Without the CDATA code in the template it woked everytime.

p.p1 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; line-height: 16.0px; font: 13.0px Courier; color: #a3781e} p.p2 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; line-height: 16.0px; font: 13.0px Courier; color: #9b2b2b} span.s1 {color: #666666} span.s2 {color: #000000}

//<![CDATA[

google.load("jquery", "1.4.2");

//]]>

• Daniel Lindstrom 454 posts 271 karma points
    Feb 21, 2011 @ 02:14
    Daniel Lindstrom

Oops were did that strange code come from. Ignore the CSS-code above. I guess the CDATA broke the forum as well...

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft