Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• mfeola 117 posts 221 karma points
    Mar 09, 2011 @ 17:46
    mfeola

Page would not publish, now deleted, still appearing in nav

I created a page called Contact Us and made an xslt that displayed it in the footer.  I published the page and then left it alone for a while.  I looked at it today and realized the link was blank (#) so I went to the page and clicked save and publish again.  In doing so I got an error saying that a page with that ID already existed.  I tried adding a new contact page with the same name and deleting the old one and now they both appear in my footer navigation. I deleted the second one out of the recycle bin as well and now there are two links to Contact Us with one pointing to a blank (#) and the other one pointing to the old Contact Us page's ID. 

I looked around the database a little and there doesn't seem to be any mention of the old page now that it's deleted. I tried touching the web.config and nothing changed.

Does anyone know why this is happening?

I cant do this fix because the new umbraco doesnt have an umbraco.config in there anymore does it?
    http://our.umbraco.org/wiki/how-tos/fix-odd-publishing-problems

• mfeola 117 posts 221 karma points
    Mar 09, 2011 @ 18:39
    mfeola

still not sure why it would not publish.  but i was able to remove the umbraco.config in the app_data folder to fix it... i edited the page i linked to and included looking in app data as an option

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft