Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Daniel Lindstrom 454 posts 271 karma points
    Mar 13, 2011 @ 14:32
    Daniel Lindstrom

Uppercase swedish Å missing from urlReplacing

v4.7rc and 4.6.1:

Just noticed that the uppercase swedish letter Å is missing form urlReplacing in umbracoSettings.config.

Lowercase å is there, and I am pretty sure uppercase Å has been present in earlier releases.

As lowercase å still is there and upperase Å used to be there I think this should be classified as a bug of sorts.

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Mar 13, 2011 @ 15:05
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Daniel

I just checked the umbracoSettings.config on a 4.0.2.1 and 4.5.2 - here it's not defined either.

I don't think this is a bug.

How do you experience problems with this not being defined in the umbracoSettings.config? (Uppercase Æ and Ø are not defined either).

/Jan

Mar 13, 2011 @ 15:11
    Daniel Lindstrom

Well OK then this must be my mistake, I might have mixed an old config file that I hade modified myself with the original one.

But lowercase Æ and Ø are defined, right? To not have the uppercase equivalents defined seems odd and inconsistent.

But not a bug, no.

Mar 13, 2011 @ 15:23
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Daniel

Yes the lowercase æ and ø are defined. Must admit I don't know the reason or logic behind only having the lowercase eqviliants in there. But I guess it's to avoid redundancy and that there probably is some code somewhere that makes sure that the urls are lowercased?...:-)

/Jan

Mar 13, 2011 @ 16:36
    Daniel Lindstrom

Oh, of course, you are probably right. Upper or lowercase doesn't matter. I must have added the uppercase Ä and Ö myself way back, and when I looked at it now somehow thought they had been there from the start.

Mar 13, 2011 @ 16:48
    Jan Skovgaard

Hehe, it's easy to get confused sometimes...It happens to me all the time.

Glad we got this one sorted out - it's always good to see people being aware of bugs so they can be resolved. This community is great :-)

Have a great day.

/Jan

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft