Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Andre 6 posts 26 karma points
    Mar 17, 2011 @ 14:36
    Andre

"Umbraco is not defined" JavaScript error on backend UI

Hi,

I have a website running over Umbraco 4.0.3 and have recently been facing a weird issue on the backend interface. Every time I try to delete an article, sort a folder or save a template (either by clicking the button or pressing Ctrl + S), my Firebug throws a JavaScript error and does not perform the intended action.

Example with the Sort functionality:

Once I click the Sort button on the contextual menu, the modalbox comes up and I can arrange the items on the list. But when I actually click the Save button on the modalbox, the following error is thrown on Firebug:

umbraco is not defined
    sort()
    onclick()
    This refers to the file website.com/umbraco/dialogs/sort.aspx?id=3814&app=content&rnd=19.4&rndo=19.8 on the line 166 where the following function is triggered:

umbraco.presentation.webservices.nodeSorter.UpdateSortOrder(3814, sortOrder, showConfirm);

So, the folder does not get sorted and the modalbox keeps saying "Please wait. Items are being sorted, this can take a while." forever. I'm positive no articles are sorted, even after 10 hours. It seems to me like this JavaScript exception is being thrown and preventing the desired action from being triggered.

Funny thing:

I noticed this started happening when I was deleting an entire Media folder and some of the Media items inside didn't actually have a physical file associated (the umbracoFile property had something else instead a file path). Could these requests be queued up and block other actions?

I already tried moving it to a brand new Umbraco instance... It worked fine initially but the same problem arised when I tried to delete a similar Media folder.

I'm stuck with this and would appreaciate any ideas.

I really don't know what else to do!

Thanks in advance!

Andre

• Andre 6 posts 26 karma points
    Mar 20, 2011 @ 23:10
    Andre

Any ideas, anyone...?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft